how to fight a good sized fish from a boat for the 1st time out on the water

old.salty mick 1983

a question for you 

how i do fight a fish when on my boat in offshore waters as im really do target was kingfish 

for inshore waters i really do target Flatties and blackfish as i knew these was really good fish  as i get these fish for dinner as i really take one fish less than the bag limit says as im doing the right thing by the law as i really take one fish less than the bag limit says for that fish as you knew this was my safe ways in case im seen by Fisheries so i had to be really careful as i release the little fish back in the water and only take the legal sized fish but i rather do the right thing and abide by the fishing rules as you see this was my careful ways in fishing as i only take one fish less as i have to be safe with the bag limits say for kingfish and Flatties thiswas my way of staying within the law hope you let me know im doing the right thing by the Fisheries Dept 

Hey Mick,

To answer your question about fighting fish from the boat... Just make sure the gear your using suits the size fish you're targeting and have the drag set correctly.

If you have a few lines out when you hook a big fish best practice is to have a mate wind the other lines in to avoid a tangled mess when the fish gets close.  If you are losing alot of line or have other boats close by you can always use the boat to close in on the fish

Always better to be safe than sorry when it comes to fisheries and bag limits