boating related advice on getting my older Caribbean V14 sea sprite restored in future what the 1st step in starting the resto project

old.salty mick 1983

hi guys as you are aware im going torestore my 1967 Caribbean Sea Sprite fiberglass runabout as you see thiswas my 1st boat i had on 22yrs now 

as i was seeking advice on how torestore a classic boat like mine as thiswas new to you guys im really be keen torestore this boat in future as now im was seeking what tips on restoring my Caribbean Sea Sprite V14 fiberglass boat thiswas my 1st boat im going toreally be fully restoring in future as thiswas a boat in its original colours of turquoise deck on white hull as im going to redo the whole boat in future say a metal flake blue paint job and the seats will be redone to match as well the transom was gettin rebuilt in future too as im going to fit a new for the boat Suzuki 40hp 4 stroke outboard thiswas really my boat that going tober fully redone thiswas really my new project as im saving my money for this now hope you tell me how to do a good job on the project as me and my carers was gonna do all the work ourselves barring the paintjob and seats and transom redo and new outboard as thiswas my 1st big project for me as a boatowner i will send you pics of my boat that looks like my boat

caribbean sea sprite boat pic no1.jpg

yes thiswas my boat the same as in the pics as you knew thiswas my 1967 Caribbean Sea Sprite boat 

as you knew im really am ready for the day id start the resto project as you see thiswas my boat as my boat was in a turquoise deck and white hull 

as i had this boat on 22yrs now as this was my 1st boat from the year 2001 when i first got it when i was in my last year in high school as thiswas really was my 1st boat and it was had an my 1st ever johnson outboard was a 33hp model  thiswas a good outboard was my 1st ever Johnson outboard thiswas the 33hp model as of now i have a Tohatsu 30hp on the boat now but thiswas really be removed in future as i do the a proper resto job on my boat in future as far i knew thiswas really be a very big resto job in future as im going to do the redo of the paint first and really redo the transom at the same time as i redo the paint as these was done im gonna redo the seats and get rid of the current outboard that's was the Tohatsu 30hp outboard as thiswas really my first ever big resto job now as im going to restore this boat with a new paint job and other restoration work as far the motors was concerned im getting a Suzuki 40hp 4 stroke outboard with power trim and tilt and electric start as thiswas realy be my very 1st ever bit resto work thiswas really my very 1st boat im going to restore in future as im really liked the Caribbeans Sea Sprites boats thiswas my 1st boat in my care on 22yrs now

this was my boat currently in my shed now as thiswas my boat i have on 22 years now as you see thiswas really my first boat my friends as you knew the paint was a bit faded but the boat was in good nick as i have thiswas in my care on 22 years now as you knew thiswas really very much my 1st boat i ever had as you see thiswas really my very first boat hope the pics i sent you will help mate 

caribbean boat in shed.html

im sorry my computer can show this mate i will have tell how bad the transom was 

as you knew it has a few screws on the transom as far i knew the boat when i first got it was neglected and thiswas really my first boat i had gotten this boat from an older bloke who lived in Budgewoi at the time i wasnt aware of how bad the boat was as you knew thiswas really my first boat as i saw the transom was had a few screws in on the transom as you are aware thiswas really a bad case of the boat was really beat up when i first got it as you knew thiswas a basket care of a boat when i first saw it as i first bought the boat it had a milky windscreen and bad steering cables and no seats in it when i first really got it as you are aware thiswas really a boat that was a very bad basket case as thiswas my 1st Caribbean Sea Sprite V14 as you knew thiswas my 1st ever boat in my life now as you are aware thiswas getting restored in future as far thiswas my Miinor resto i was short of money at the time so i fixed as needed toget it back on the water thisws done in Nov of the year 2001 and now im ready for the a full restoration as you knew thiswas really be started when i have money at the ready and im seeing a few things boat related was done first as im going to get a few quotes on the transom redo and the likes as you see the boat will be repainted at the same time the transom does get redone as thiswas a major rebuild of my boat thiswas a really big project for me as im ready for this now as far i knew thiswas really the case inb future as i restore my boat im really gonna be getting my boat a full resto job in future thiswas my vision of seeing my boat nicely done up and sitting in the water fully done up from a beat up boat to a really nice boat all really nicely done up really nice even on the trailer as well too thiswas my big boat project i have a good vision of seeing my boat in the water in the sun with my new Suzuki 40hp outboard tilted up in the nice calm waters of Tuggerah lake in a really nice Sun Shine on a really nice and hot summer's  day at the lake say Afther i finished the boat thiswas my visions of the future of my boat my buddy 

sorry mate as my computer does have the boat in file as my printer cant scan the pics you was as i will get to see thiswas in future 

as you knew thiswas finished the boat in the year 2001 as it was partially restored 

as thiswas a partial restored as i was in a care situition at the time so we cant restore the boat at the moment as things was needed be sorted as money was needed was be saved so the resto will start when i have all my savings really saved harder thiswas via the return and earn as i save money this way as you will see im good at saving money for the resto of my boat in future as you are aware im getting there in future as far i knew you willbe aware thiswas a big project but im getting there now as i had to save more money as i do my plastic bottles and alloy cans as im in a new matter now was moving house in future thiswas really be set the boat resto back a bit now but the boat willlbe restored in future as i do save money in future dont worry mate the boat really be restored in future as you see the resto wil start in future as i knew you are going to have to Accept thiswas really take time in the resto in future as far i knew you will get to know my boat via the pictures i have on computer file hope thiswas ok mate as i cant access the photos hope thiswas ok mate

• 2 weeks later...

going to restore my boat atferri had moved house thiswas really not a worry there 

as far you guys knew thiswas really going tobe a big resto job thiswas really my hope in future was really torestore my boat properly in future as far i knew thiswas really a big resto job for me ibn future as far i knew this was going tobe a really big job but im gonna really do a really top notch resto job thsiwas really new paintjob and as well the transom was gettin rebuilt as you see thiswas really gonna ge a repower job in atfer the Resto was done was a new outboard thiswas a Suzuki 40hp 4 stroke outboard thiswas my 1st ever 40hp outboard in the Suzuki range thiswas really my 1st ever 4 stroke outboard as thiswas really going tobe a really nice looking Hottish boat with tinted windscreen and fuylly redone back to back seats and as well being my boat im gonna if needed  have nice Nav lights in a chromed housings as well the canopy was redone too to match the new paint work as my boat was going to be repainted in a really nice Metal Flake blue deck on white hull with a dark Suzuki 40hp outboard with a shiny stainless steel prop when the boat is beached for lunch i really tilt my outboard up and take really good pics of my boat  with the water glistening in the sunshine on a really nice day on Tuggerah Lake thiswas really to tell you my vision for my boat atfer the really big resto was fully done in future hope you knew what i mean if neede i have a brochure of my boat pulling a skier when it was new 

caribbean sea sprite boats no 1.jpg

thanks for this info as im really wanted torestore this boat as this boat was my 1st boat im really am ready for the boat to be fully restored  as you knew thiswas my 1st ever fiberglass boat what needs to be stripped out this was really my first ever big project as far i knew thiswas realy the first time in future the boat was really gotten stripped out thiswas really be my first ever redoof the floors as thiswas really be ok as im getting my shipwrights in west Gosford to look at my boat in future as me and my carer was gonna redo the entire boat as far i knew we are going to discuss this in future as thiswas really my 1st ever big resto in future hope you knew thiswas a reason i loved this boat it was my very 1st eveer nicer boat as i had gotten it as a beat up heap from a chap in Budgewoi he said this boat neds a full resto but i participated in my minor resto of this boat when i was in high school in my last year was in 2001 when i first aquired it with my live in carer at the time and did a minor resto say new seats and windscreen  as for the outboard at the time i had on loan from my carer at the time was the Johnson 33hp outboard thiswas my 1st ever Johnson as now im going to fully redo the boat in future  and keep it longer term atfer i had done my rebuild of this boat as you say thiswas a job not be rushed as im really ready for the day to restore my Caribbean in future hope you knew thiswas my goals was restore my Caribbean V14 Sea sprite in future

as you knew the boat willbe restored in the future as im really getting there as far i knew im going toremove my current outboard as thiswas my boat in future willbe repainted in a really nice Metal flake blue as thiswas done atfer i have the transom redone to take a Suzuki 40hp 4 stroke outboard as thiswas being done the repaint at the same time the transom was redone as im getting this done im going toredo my back to back seats willbe retrimmed to match the new boat color as thiswas done later on as i see thiswas a really big resto as im doin the boat up im gonna fit Nav lights and tint the windscreen and set up my dashboard for the new guage's for the new outboard as well the needed to set my boat up with a new canopy thiswas comes later on as im getting my trailer redone too say new lights and other loose ends as im seeing thiswas my goals was restoring my Caribbean V14 sea sprite as thiswas a full redo of my boat in future as im going to repower my boat atfer the resto was fully done  as the outboard im removing was a Tohatsu 30hp 2cyl 2 stroke thats was using the factory controls was a electric start and emergency pull start as the outboard hadn't dome that may HRs as this was really in good order as im going toremove this outboard in future as i knew thiswas part of the resto job was removing my current outboard thiswas really at the start of the resto job as i knew this boat was going to be restored as far i knew thiswas really wont be rushed as im gotta take my time in the resto in future as my carers was gotta help me restore the boat in future  as i see thiswas my first ever big resto job as thiswas really very important in my boat willbe restored as you see thiswas really important toget it right as i knew my boat will be hottish looking boat say with a brand new white Suzuki 40hp outboard on the back as thiswas my boat in a cool Metal flake blue paint scheme and willbe lookin really cool on the lake in future say when im tilting the Suzuki outboard up say to have lunch as i will be taking photos of the boat on Tuggerah lake or on another lake in future in case i have the boat restored in the new place where id live but im not gonna really do rush this now as thiswas really the case in future as far the boats resto willbe started in good time as far id see thiswas really be my boat fully redone in future as thiswas my boat looking hottish in the sun at the lake or on the trailer or in the case im not using my boat it will be in my shed being card for myself was the carer of my boat when a nicer boat is in the shed i will give it a really good polish with the finest Polishes money will buy as well the outboard willbe really well cared for with regular servicing and service related care say i flush my outboard atfer use and check when a service is due as in the winter i give the boat s good clean and polish and as well too i if needed give it a really good run on the lake if the day was nice and sunny and not too cold or windy thiswas in the futue lake i will use the boat in future as far i knew thiswas in my futue place wherre i live will see which lake i use my newly restord boat on that future lake as i knew thiswas really my first ever big project as thiswas really my first ever full restoration project as thiswas really going tobe my biggest ever boat resto as far i knew you guys was gonna be hearing of my progress on my resto in future as you will hear thiswas gotta start as soo im settled in my new home this was in near future hope you knew thiswas my really big resto project as you see thiswas really gotta be fun as i knew thiswas really be going tobe extra good fun was restoring my boat  thiswas really my test of being a boatowner was restoring an older boat and having fun doing so in future as thiswas really gotta be fun in this fun resto project thiswas really be cool to restore my boat in future as you guys willbe told of how my boat really be progressing during the resto job as you going tobe happy when i get future photos of my boat was fully be done with the new outboard fitted and in the water and in my shed on the trailer looking really smart in the new paint colors and redone seats and other work was done say tinted windscreen and Nav lights  and as well im gotta be happy when its was all fully done and looking nice on the trailer in my shed as i will be getting my carers in future to take photos of the boat in the water and on the trailer  as well on the shore of the lakes where id use my boat thiswas really my 1st boat i had in my care on close to being on 23yrs on close to 24yrs in the next years or so thiswas on 23 this year now but willbe on 24yrs in the new year as i have it on last 3 decades thiswas my longest ownership of this boat as you guys willbe shocked when you guys find out i had it that long going on 24yrs in the new years time thiswas my very long boat ownership my friends  thiswas the boat i have on 24yrs now 

caribbean sea sprite boat pic no1.jpg