their coming to get you!

Angry51
Go to solution Solved by Angry51,

1 hour ago, Angry51 said:

You want to try fishing in a boat that's shorter than the reptile 

swimming along beside you.😂

Been there done that... that's time to leave... And going back to the glove fitting thing... That's probably a situation where an oversized welding glove would be a much better fit than what I described....

25 minutes ago, Sylvathorn said:

yep
that's why I like our current boat .... when it's going .... bigger than the average croc!
It's about 23" long but can operate at Hull depth (cathedral hull with the auxiliary set up in the Port channel), shallower than our old 16fotter could go in

There used to be a 23ft croc over the bar in one of the pubs in Richmond QLD.  It was caught at the lower crossing in the 50's.

The pub ( The Royal ) I think it was, burnt down in 67/68.

It was a big bugger!

37 minutes ago, Angry51 said:

,,,yeah, but not much good for crabbing up some little backwater.😂

number one: depth isn't an issue, if I've got hull depth for 25 feet width, I can do a 360 (you have to basically do that as part of your Quartermaster's in Coast Guard)
number two, I can still reverse out 😉
number three, don't need to go up little backwaters here, more crabs than you can shake a stick at 😉
Number four (or is that one and a half), if you have a 14foot tinny with a 20hp outboard, you'll need 2 to 3 feet of water because of the depth the outboard needs .... I don't need that

2 minutes ago, Sylvathorn said:

number one: depth isn't an issue, if I've got hull depth for 25 feet width, I can do a 360 (you have to basically do that as part of your Quartermaster's in Coast Guard)
number two, I can still reverse out 😉
number three, don't need to go up little backwaters here, more crabs than you can shake a stick at 😉
Number four (or is that one and a half), if you have a 14foot tinny with a 20hp outboard, you'll need 2 to 3 feet of water because of the depth the outboard needs .... I don't need that

Oh, and I've been in spots in this boat that I couldn't get into in my old 16 footer.
I'll take some pics and measurements tomorrow 😉

Silly thing is I only popped on tonight to let you know that the Sabiki Project rod is now done aside from the pretty bits - was seriously a pain building up around the lide feed - resorted to C grade thread, now going to finish with A grade ........ had so many repair jobs that I haven't touched our stuff for a while!