Borumba Report

Tim a

Hey guys,

I was off line around Christmas so I didn't get to wish you all a very merry Christmas, so, merry Christmas!

I went up to Borumba with a mate in his boat(he wishes for his name to not be mentioned)

We went up friday morning getting an early session in before heading back to the deer park caravan park and get our caravan sorted, then headed back to the dam for the arvo, we did this on saturday also and aswell of sunday morning before heading home.

The Bass were NOT firing what so ever, we casted jackalls (TN + Masks), spinner baits, soft platics, surface lures, metal lipless crank baits, normal crankbaits) but as soon as we started trolling we got fish :unsure: I was using a locally made Yowie lure the for the trolling while my companion was changing between the predatek boomerang and a Yowie Lure. We got about 25 bass trolling during the trip but we only trolled between the ramp to the sticks, no designated trolling time as it gets boring!

Eventually my mate got 2 bass casting in the sticks, we spent hours casting in there everyday for nothing, but late saturday arvo they switched on, but as they switched on we left because we weren't sure if we could make our way out of the maze in the dark.

We both got a toga, which we were targeting for ages each day, both lost a few but I'm really stoked in landing my first one. No monster but at 50cm he's not tiddler either. The skippers went 70cm and it was a really nice fish.

On the last morning we got a few yellows in fairly shallow water up in the sticks aswell.

Then I went to Lake weyba with the family but I didn't fish there at all.

sorry about the hard to 'hard to readness' of the post, but I was up rather early this monrning nearly getting spooled twice in the noosa river!

Pics to come.

Thanks

Tim [img size=341]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Tim_basstrolled.JPG

post-96-144598437289_thumb.jpg

Well done on the fish, especially your first Saratoga:)

I recognise the spot where your second picture was taken. Just to the left of it (around the corner, near the cliff) was where I caught my first ever Bass. We all got 2 in one day at that spot. 4 on lures, 2 on bait. I guess that why I've always liked Borumba Dam.

Cowfish13 wrote:

I recognise the spot where your second picture was taken. Just to the left of it (around the corner, near the cliff) was where I caught my first ever Bass. We all got 2 in one day at that spot. 4 on lures, 2 on bait. I guess that why I've always liked Borumba Dam.

As much as I hate to disagree, that picture was taken a long long way up one of the arms no where near any cliffs.

Tim a wrote:

Cowfish13 wrote:

As much as I hate to disagree, that picture was taken a long long way up one of the arms no where near any cliffs.

Nah, when I say cliffs, they were only 4m high or so when we were there. The water level is much higher in your photos. The cliff-face is probably under water now:silly:. The two circled tree's were pretty much out of the water when we went there and we could easily walk on the bank in the background. And the arm didn't extend as far as that when we were last there.

[img size=455]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Thesticks2-44af69a2b0e6d4c8f84c2c3849da455c.JPG

post-320-144598437332_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived