Forum etiquette.

Ash

Just something thats been buging me for a while, and seems to be becoming more prominent lately.

There seems to be alot of people making digs at other people in the forum threads. Frankly its not needed, and gets in the way of others just trying to read certain threads we're interested in.

Apart from completely going off topic most times, and rail- roading the original topic, it creating a bad image for new comers to the site.

I completely respect peoples point of view, and feel poeple should be able to honestly voice these opinions. But there are ways of doing so, with out disrupting a thread, or causing arguements.

A quick PM to the person you may be questioning, or disagree with would be better then intentionally/mistakingly making comments that may create a backlash or insult.

There are tactful ways of making a point, or questioning a topic.

As an example, \"The cruelty of fishing\" thread. Great thread, written to provoke some thought on the matter. The original thread wasnt written to insult or belittle anyone. Just thrown out there to get the old brain moving.

Just remember, thought provoking threads, questionsand honesty good=:) Nontacful,demeaning, or just plain nasty=:(

Hope I dont end up insulting anyone by this.

Yeah, ive made a few comments i shouldnt have a while ago.After doing it i read them felt kinda knobby too. But enough on that from me: Back to the sport and lifestyle we love!

Hope the weather gets better and we can all go fishing this weekend. Cant wait to see some positive reports after not being able to get out for a while!:)

There does seem to be a bit of a trend towards non-positive comments in recent times. It is very unfortunate because most blokes here are pretty damn nice.

I guess the only thing each of us can do is stay out of any petty arguments/disagreements. If we don't contribute to it, it won't get too big.

Also, sometimes its better not to say anything than say something that may stir up the pot. If you really wanna say something that isn't positive to someone, keep it to PM. No need to drag it out in the open for public slanging.

And ladies.... we're all her for fishing... not b*tching.

Simple if you dont agree thats fair enough ;)

If you feel strongly enough about it PM the person involved or put you views to an Admin

I have bitten my tongue on sooooo many posts it is not funny not only in this forum but one I run aswell and others

I have learn't that no matter how hard you try to convince a person they are wrong all you do is raise the hackles on their back and they will fight back

IMO leave it alone don't go there

express your idea's but not directed at others

Healthy debate is good but personal attacks SUK especially on open forum

if you have a look there is a post about forum abuse

Cheers Gaz

It is inevitable with a large group of people that people will have differing opinions, different behaviours and different actions. We have made a set of Rules and Conditions that govern the use of this site and the forum that all members have agreed to upon becoming a member. If you see something that breaches these Rule and Conditions, please report it to a site Admin or Moderator for appropriate action to be taken. Please don't take matters into your own hands, as you may breach the site's Rules by retaliating. Through this process we can eliminate unneccessary arguing and keep the friendly nature of the site and forum that we all enjoy.

Thanks

AFO

I totaly agree when someone asks a question or asks for advice on a subject they are asking all members to contribute their opinions,then they can go away and make up their own minds on what to do. Thats called helping each other, but when somebody wants to dissagree with everybody , thats no help at all.

Dino

Archived