rayke1938

Quick report before I clean out boat etc.

Lost count at 35 all except 2 on lures.Nothing over 40 majority around 35.

Dam would only need to rise another metre and it will be full.The water level is that high there is nowhere to park cars.

Lost 1 toga on a stick bait. It hit me in around 3 ft of water one big jump and down into the weeds and couldnt get it out.:ohmy:

Photos and more report later.

heers

Ray

Yep I agree. 9 for me today in the yak. Best ever bass session. 2 on topwater, River2sea buggipop, 4 on a 1/2 oz purple spinnerbait and 3 on an Atomic grub paddletail connected to a ponytail jighead. Would have caught more but snapped two hooks off on the buggipop and if only I had a stinger hook on the spinnerbait......

THousands of bugs and spiders everywhere had to slap myself every minute to kill something crawling on me.

Thanks for a top session guys. I was thinkingabout going out tomorrow again but the missus has put a stop to that:(

Highlight for me was catching this bass on my baitcaster. Only relatively new to the overhead scene so was stoked to catch something on it. Actually I was stoked to cast it more than 5 metres, got out to 8 metres I reckon:laugh: [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/009__Custom_.JPG

post-1190-144598438306_thumb.jpg

Rocket

I only fished with shrimp for about 10 minutes and scored one nice bass then I started playing around with a stick bait as I could see fish working in the weeds on the waters edge. Graham persisted with the shrimp for half an hour and John for an hour.

We had an eventful trip down saw lots of evidence of local flooding around Mudgeerba and had to drive through flood debris that completely covered the road in lots of places.

Also saw a very large pig that was foraging in the flood debris. ( Domestic model probably escaped as we saw lots of fences down)

We were absolutely amazed when we arrived at the ramp the parking area was under water and we had to park up the hill near the gate. People who arrived had to park right near the power station. ( Reminded me of Awoonga)

Met Wayne D on the water he already had nailed a few bass. ( Sorry Wayne I didnt have my brain in gear I was not trying to be ignorant )

Brian and Bommie and his son also turned up.

Had a severe case of embarrasment saw this tinney that was absolutely flying with what looked like a normal sized outboard on the back.Couldnt help myself and gave the guy a gobfull.Turned out that it was a 48volt motor that he had imported from Canada.I was too embarrassed to even apologise. So If you see someone travelling around at about 10 knots with a big blue motor on the back dont abuse him. It even sounds a bit like a petrol motor it really growls.

Here are a few photos.

First one os the ramp on arrival. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P1010863_AFO-b761c4ec01132838b70aa05b26b03233.jpg

post-230-144598438316_thumb.jpg

a great day, my 8 year old had a blast, he didn't boat any fish in his yak but he hook a saratoga it done one flip then spat the lure, he was still happy because he pick the spot at one of the waterfalls, then seen a toga smash one of the million of bugs and cast towards it for the brief hookup.

well done to Ray and his mates and also to WayneD and thanks to Brian for waiting for us when I took the wrong turnoff.

(pic) the water fall where every insect and spider was washed down from the mountains above [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/IMG_2381_AFO.jpg

post-2146-144598438371_thumb.jpg

Sounds like top water heaven there at the moment.

We might have to go there kev. I think you need to buy a permit though so We'd have to wait till the office or whatever is open. Maybe in a few weeks when the roads are cleared of debris.

I haven't heard anything from Chilly D. How'd he fare?? I bet he's still out there lol:laugh:

Hinze is a separate permit, only available from Gold Coast City Council or local rangers.

Kev the ramp at the wall used to be good landbased, but I think most of that area is closed off with the work being done. Unless you can get across the wall, you cant access the area at the picnic ground either.

Kevin land based would have ben easier when it wasn't so full. Plenty of barron banks to walk, but now that it has filled up the edges are all long grass, perfect for toga and bass but not much good for land based.

Bommie I think it is only the stocked impoundment permit (SIP) that can be bought online and Hinze is not part of this program. They run their own stocking group. You can get them from the outdoors shop at Nerang (can't remember the name) or from the rangers station, wherever that is. Weekly is $5 and yearly is about $40 if memory serves me correctly.

Kevin if you ring the council on 1300130854 they can tell you where you can get permits.

There is no where that you can get them in brisbane.

You can get them in any council office during working hours. Here is a list.

Friday.

Surfers Paradise

135 Bundall Road

Bundall QLD 4217

Telephone: 1300 130 854

Fax: (07) 5596 3653

Nerang

833 Southport Nerang Road

Nerang QLD 4211

Telephone: (07) 5582 8211

Fax: (07) 5596 3653

Branch offices

Gold Coast City Council Branch Offices are open from 8.15am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.

Beenleigh Office

12 James Street

Beenleigh QLD 4207

Burleigh Heads Office

Park Avenue

Burleigh Heads QLD 4220

Coolangatta Office

3rd floor, Showcase on the Beach

Griffith Street

Coolangatta QLD 4225

(Closed 1pm to 1.45pm)

Palm Beach Office

26/11th Avenue

Palm Beach QLD 4221

(Closed 12 noon to 12.45pm)

Southport Office

47 Nerang Street

Southport QLD 4215

There were a couple of people fishing off the bank near the ramp when we came in yesterday and anither place is the rock wall near the pumping tower that you can see in one of the photos,

Just near the ramp on both sides will be reed free as that area was mown to provide car parking.

Another option would be to get the afo punt and row it around. You do not have to go far. Saratoga near pumping tower and good bass fishing on bank opposite ramp.

Cheers

Ray

Sorry about delay in report - life is too busy.

While I scored no fish I had a good day. I had let's say a "Chilly D day". Woke up at 11.30 pm with a pool overflowing down the hill into a back sun room. Got back to sleep at about 1.30 to have the alarm go off at 3am. (Not good for an old fat guy).

Pushed on but didn't I!

First Chilly move I spilt my coffee. Oh crap I should go back to bed but NO not this mad keen nut.

Went to load the yak and a swam of spiders decided to make a home inside the yak. Crapped myself then sprayed the yak with bug spray.

Headed off without breaky, well the rain came. So bloody hard that it started dripping along the inside strap of my soft racks and then started pouring in where the strap broke the seal. Got to the ramp wetter then I would have been if I'd been swimming in my cloths.

I ended up getting rained on all day, even when I was dry and thought "great lets head for the car while I'm dry" it started raining on me again.

I ended up loosing 5 lures and a pair of braid sizzers, I birds nested my 1500 series spin rod (don't know how but I did) and went home sunburnt.

Yeap I had a good day.:woohoo: :woohoo: So good I can't wait for next weekend.:S

Archived