How is the bay in the morning?

CrayfishMates

ill be taking the boat chubstars meating me at my place at 4/30 5 then heading up the pine ill go netting first then try around the wrecks if its to muddy ill go to dholes rocks itl bee a little clearer there hopefully we havent had the run off the southern bay is gettin so crossed fingers it should be ok the winds ok here but i expect it to be average at best early on

if you head up this way keep an eye open for a ugly red and dirty white 15ft fiberglass runabout with a blue engine cover with to many rods out lol

Well slipped out by myself this morning and got to Harrys by around 8am. The wind had started to pick up but the original forecast had been down graded to 10/15, which could mean saturday is going to be great.

Plugged about Harry, got a gummy, two sweetlip and a mountain of squire. Everything was undersize and no real hook ups or runs.

Chopped right up around midday and I had had enough by then.

Next trip in the morning.

Was you using SP's or bait?

Also here's a link that I use a lot for Wello. I imagine that it would give you some idea how Harrie's is?:huh:

/>http://www.welloweather.info/

Damn had a look while I was there and it's saying that there is 0 wind:blink: Lets goooooo!!!! Meet ya there.:laugh: :laugh:

Jayson

:( I would love to, But I'm moving house soon and have demands from my wife to get rid of rubbish and pack some of my shed. Damn I wonna come:(

Thank you very much for the invite though. I hear the morning is going to be ok, but it's gunna turn nasty with strong SE winds late morning. So keep safe mate;)

Jayson

Cowfish13 wrote:

CrayfishMates wrote:
Plugged about Harry, got a gummy, two sweetlip and a mountain of squire.

:blink: :blink: You really got a Gummy? Are you sure it wasn't just a Catshark?

Good to hear you got out and had some fun anyway:)

You might be right. didnt land it, just brought it up the side and shook it off.

rumrunner wrote:

have ya found a dekkie for tomorrow yet Paul?

i will be at the port ramp at approx 6am and putting in quick as a flash and high tailing it exit stage left! straight to harries 100mph!:woohoo:

what time are you putting in?:huh:

Ian

Yep, Kevin is getting up real early lol. Picking him up is going to take me on a bit of a round trip, well north west of bris and then a little of towing the boat through the city lol.:blink:

I still dont know where the port ramp is yet but I gather we just follow lytton road out to port drive and it is along there somewhere...

Planin on being at the ramp around the 5 mark or a little earlier if picking the deckie up works out not too bad.

Well Saturday started a little slow with me sleeping in. Picked up Kevin and headed to the port of bris ramp. Launched about 6am, Ian and his mate met us there and we headed to harrys. The boat ramp is good but heading east of it at low tide is shallow (0.4M) until you are out past the second port marker. It may be best just to head west and come out the mouth then head SE from the second port marker or the north cardinal. Anyways.

It was a little choppy crossing the bay and about 6 other boats on harrys. Kevin and I started in among the other boats and Ian headed a little further north east. We got nothing and Ian and his mate seemed to be getting on a bit, but he can tell that story.

Kevin had an interesting day out and about and he can tell that. It was a combination of a great bream on a HB and a tangle with the Port Authorities lol. Something about trespassing....

Ended up at the rock wall with two other boats and I called it quits early. Came home empty handed but had a great day just the same with a bit of action and good company.

Thanks for coming out Kevin, I hope we can make it a bit more interesting next time.

Good to see you again Ian, looks like that prop change did well.

yeah not much to add to that other then a few pinkies north of harries and we boated a 40cm squire!:woohoo: cheers for the mark faulked!!!;)

i also got smoked hard core at the rock wall by what i thaught was a big bloody cod!

i saw kevinchen pull an awsomely huge bream approx 40cm from the inside of the rock wall on a sx48 not sure what colour?

was realy good to see him exited after feeling worse for ware in the big blue sea! good on ya kev!;)

the bay chopped up a bit during the morning but seemd to eaze off in the arvo witch made for clear skyes for moast of the arvo witch is allways a bonus!

my outboard is running sweet after the service and upgrde and is now ready for the 50 fathoms yee haah!:woohoo:

cheers Ian

rumrunner wrote:

yeah not much to add to that other then a few pinkies north of harries and we boated a 40cm squire!:woohoo: cheers for the mark faulked!!!;)

i also got smoked hard core at the rock wall by what i thaught was a big bloody cod!

i saw kevinchen pull an awsomely huge bream approx 40cm from the inside of the rock wall on a sx48 not sure what colour?

was realy good to see him exited after feeling worse for ware in the big blue sea! good on ya kev!;)

the bay chopped up a bit during the morning but seemd to eaze off in the arvo witch made for clear skyes for moast of the arvo witch is allways a bonus!

my outboard is running sweet after the service and upgrde and is now ready for the 50 fathoms yee haah!:woohoo:

cheers Ian

Sounds like the rock wall is the pick of the close spots over the last week. Must have a been some left over from jimmybob's expedition ;)

kevinchen19870316 wrote:

thanks crayfishmates for the trip, sorry about the seasickness. it seems that harries is not for me.
dont sweat it mate, every one gets crook at some point or another. Give yourself time to get used to it before you write off the idea of boat fishing mate. It was pretty rough out there mate, we will pick a day when things are better. Youll be right, have a rum before you go :silly:

The port guys reckons that the fisheries fine you for fishing in there. Though it all sounded a bit of bruff and chuff - huff and puff. If its private property how can fisheries fine you for fishing there?.... Look out we have you on camera lol. Should have let them back their unit on the rocks and fuck their prop ... but then the guy in the ute (security security) would have dragged ya away and that would not have been good.

Archived