how much is my motor?

buzzid

hey guys,

i'm thinking of selling my 15hp outboard to upgrade to a 25hp. is someone able to give me a ball park figure as to its worth. its a 15hp 4 stroke yamaha, 2004 model, electric start, perfect condition, doubt its been running more than 30 or 40 hours. reason for the upgrade is i've added quite a bit of weight to the hull with floors, batteries etc.. and my stomach and arse.

thanks guys.

buzz [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/yammie_AFO.jpg

post-1089-144598439173_thumb.jpg

Son in law just sold a 15 short shaft 2 stroke 15 hours 2004 model he got $1500 for it but had it in the market for 3 months to get his price.

i reckon you should be able to get $2500 for yours seeing that its 4 stroke and electric start.

If you are looking at a new 25 4 stroke i think that they are around $5k with trim and tilt.

Mate has a 25 yammy 4 stroke and it wont plane with 3 big blokes on a 3.9 tinney so may be best to go for a 30 if the hull will take it.

Cheers

Ray

this one went for 2k and it was a 2000 model.

cheers

ray

Description (revised) Seller assumes all responsibility for listing this item.

Item Specifics

Condition:

Used

YAMAHA 4 STROKE 15HP OUTBOARD MOTOR

(LONG SHAFT)

Ignition System: Manual (Pull type)

Model Number: F15ELHY

Serial Number: 66M L 501843 (refer to picture for ID markings)

Motor was purchased in late 2001. From Geelong Boating Centre. It is a 2000 model. Was used once (Dec 2001) and stowed away since. It was incorrectly purchased for a short shaft application (Long shaft feature for this size motor is not as popular as short shaft) .

Included in the sale is a Fuel tank and Century Marine Pro 400 battery (both pictured).

I have rang Geelong boating centre and an equivalent brand new 15hp 4 stroke unit retails for $3650.

This is a Pickup Only Auction.

Cash on Pickup or Direct Deposit prior to pickup are the only acceptable forms of payment!

Inspection Welcome, North-west Melbourne Contact Number 0413230484

Good Luck bidding!

• 1 month later...

Archived