GC Waterways and Fish

Brian D

pinkey wrote:

I reckon when the jacks are on the bite thell take anything, just a matter of finding them and getting past the bycatch of cod trevs ect

maybe, but I've been fishing next to my dad catching (and getting busted off by) jacks with several different gold lures and he was using a silver lure and didn't get a touch.

Brian D wrote:

Then I had a go at trolling again and scored this ripper cod. Self portrait too. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P1130027_AFO.jpg

Yeah Brian D - How boring is trolling ?:P Great little solo session mate - reckon you'll need a deckie next time so you don't get bored trolling;) :laugh:

One reason I like fishing is I get time to myself (without other people) so deckies not required. Even when I'm solo the conversations in my head are quite loud.:S

Aaron's a good deckie because I don't know he's there even when he catches more fish then me. I did pick my wife up at about 9am for a couple of hours but the action was over by then.

Brian D wrote:

One reason I like fishing is I get time to myself (without other people) so deckies not required. Even when I'm solo the conversations in my head are quite loud.:S

Aaron's a good deckie because I don't know he's there even when he catches more fish then me. I did pick my wife up at about 9am for a couple of hours but the action was over by then.

Jesus skip u are on fire, would I be wrong in saying u have caught more fish in the last 2 months compared to most of the year?;)

Yeah thanks Dazz - it was great little fight that took a bit of boat work and rod movement. It was a solid fight rather then a sprint fight, strong and heavy, no long runs. I was not surprised to see it as a cod when it break the surface, but I was stoked.

Sorry - I'm still living the moment.

Aaron H wrote:

Brian D wrote:

Jesus skip u are on fire, would I be wrong in saying u have caught more fish in the last 2 months compared to most of the year?;)

Hey Aaron, where you been? See what you missed:P :huh::P

Mate, I think it's that I am planning my trips different and targeting different stuff. I still haven't done a shark session this year. I wouldn't say I have caught more but the quality has improved (Barra, Toga, Thready, Cod are only 4 fish but I sure remember them all.)

Archived