Tilapia

Dazzamcgee

Your bream bass stuff are good. No weight required, even a floating leader is good. If you have them, set up 2 or 3 rods and you'll find that it keeps you pretty busy and heaps of fun.

However if you want to take a chair and a fishing mag then just use 1 rod so you get to relax.

THey (Tilapa) fight like bream.

Malcolm, i found this is the AFO Photo Gallery. This is a very clear photo. Sometimes they have more red on them this.

People are often surprised to find they are not an unnatractive fish. But remember they were originally an aquarium species.

/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/index.php?option=com_zoom&Itemid=191&page=view&catid=42&PageNo=1&key=5&hit=1

Angus

No worries.

There are a few more scattered through the gallery as well.

You can actually search teh gallery fo keywords. So id suggest trying tilapia :)

Angus

P.S. Here is a good example of the red tinge to the fins i was talking about.

/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/index.php?option=com_zoom&Itemid=191&page=view&catid=25&key=46&hit=1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I agree, matey. They eat anything. However, they seem to love garden worms more than anything else. I remember when I was still overseas when they would feast on bread, etc. Prawns are more quickly consumed by turtles rather than by Tilapia.

By the way, I am extremely new to fishing. I've just started a couple of weeks ago and loving it. If only I could catch more fish........:(

EMP wrote:

Yes, I agree, matey. They eat anything. However, they seem to love garden worms more than anything else. I remember when I was still overseas when they would feast on bread, etc. Prawns are more quickly consumed by turtles rather than by Tilapia.

By the way, I am extremely new to fishing. I've just started a couple of weeks ago and loving it. If only I could catch more fish........:(

MAte welcome to the site

Click the link inmy footer.

There are heaps of AFO events coming up.

Best way to learn is to do :)

Angus

Archived