outboard repairs & servicing for afo members

rumrunner

hi all

as moast of you may know i am a motor mechanic who works from home while looking after my son!

there has been a bit of a call for outboard repairs and servicing on the site during the time i have been on here!

so i thaught i should offer my sevices at a discounted rate for all you helpfull afo members!;)

i am only charging $45 phr while i am working from home but will be increasing the hourly rate to $77 phr when i open my new shop!

call me on: 0409271036

regards Ian

pic is my last job before i shut my shop down!

900hp rb30x26 with 1200hp turbo!B) [img size=480]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/100_0722__Custom_.jpg

post-2165-144598439703_thumb.jpg

My first time out in the dark,i was not aware how close i was to shore,i basically beached the boat engine first but on a slight angle.So the engine is not at 90o to the hinged clamp that fits to the boat.I have left it thinking i will be ripped off because of my boating ignorance.Also the battery charge connection does not work.

Cheers

Bri.

Bri The Pom wrote:

My first time out in the dark,i was not aware how close i was to shore,i basically beached the boat engine first but on a slight angle.So the engine is not at 90o to the hinged clamp that fits to the boat.I have left it thinking i will be ripped off because of my boating ignorance.Also the battery charge connection does not work.

Cheers

Bri.

hmm sounds like fun!

Bri The Pom wrote:

$45 to fix that lot sounds like a bargain to me,ha ha.

Bri.

no mate $45 phr

if it is too bent it will be the new boat anchor!

moast anything can be fixed or replaced at a cost in my book!

please no smart ass comments in this thread!

save it for my other threads!:P

Ian

sorry bri! not intended for you mate just thaught the jokes were about to start:blush:

faulked, the pic was taken during the build so there is allot missing from it! i was doing the turbo plumbing at the time!

here is a pic the day before dyno testing!

sorry about the quality it was taken on my phone!

cheers Ian [img size=480]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Image__40___Custom_.jpg

post-2165-144598440154_thumb.jpg

nah i meant boult to make 900hp and turbo is flowed to 1200hp!

this setup only went to high 700hp on the dyno because of the fuel system! i only ran one 044 800hp bosh pump fed by a walbro 500hp intank to a 3ltr swirl pot instead of two 044 pumps because the owner was a tight ass!

it needed 2x 044 pumps and 2x swirl pots to feed the 1000cc injectors!

he said he would get it done later!

Ian

brisbane_boy wrote:

oh sh*t i saw that thing at southport on a saterday night. lol no wounder it smashed us rb26 V ca18 :blush: :blush:

we have had ca18's running 8sec qtr mile! they are a good little motor!

i put one in a gemini and tuned it to run 190rwhp! was a fun little weapon!

you can tell the skyline apart from others because of the bonnet scoop!

it is always melted from turbo heat! lol:blink:

Ian

Kinda going off topic, but you could try Somerset Dam, Leslie Dam or Borumba Dam. They are reasonably close and are open to petrol engines.

The closest dam would probably be Maroon Dam. Also open to petrol:)

Hopefully it isn't still covered with branches and stuff from the rain/floods though.

• 3 weeks later...

To all AFO users,

I'd just like to make a quick report.

I recently got Ian (rumrunner) to service, test and work on my outboard. (1994 Yamaha 115, 2 stroke V4)

He was able to distinguish and repair an ongoing choke problem that i have had since day 1 of owning my boat.

Ian also did engine tests and carried out an annual service.

Best of all, he explained everything he was doing so i could follow and understand.

I highly recommend his offer of service to all AFO members.

Thanks alot Ian,

Michael

Archived