Borumba bass no togas

Dinodadog

Borumba togas beat me again. Managed to get several bass but the only togas I seen was on1e dead one and one caught near by.

Arrived at the dear park at 10am unpacked and headed for the dam,where we realised our 1st mistake [dont go on fri,sat] as the boat ramp was already packed and the ski people already on the water. We headed right up the dam to get away from them where we run into our 2nd mistake, there was floating logs in the water everywhere along with grass clumps and assorted water plants floating all over the place. The water was also very brown up in this area. As the sun was burning our cancer spots on our arms we decided to head in for lunch fishless.

We waited till 4pm to hit the water again, we tried to keep away from the dirty areas but had to put up with the skiers who were well out of bounds. I managed bass but no togas.

Sat morning, arrived at the water 5/30am which was about 1 hour later than I would have preferred as there was already a car park full of boats. Tried a couple of the inlets on opp side to the ramp and got right into the bass again until the speed boats drove us crazy. So back up to the timber again. On the way up we seen a lot of dead boney bream on the water, then I noticed this dead toga about a 70cm. When we got to the timber we noticed a toga being caught in the boat next to us, they had got it on a small bibbed minnow.They said they hadn't got any bass,I said I got the bass sussed out but can't land a toga.

On arriving back at the 3 lane boat ramp,there was 8 speed boats lined up in the water blocking the ramp we had to yell out for someone to move to let us get our boat to the ramp.

So I won't be back till the water clears and it will be mid week for sure

Fish while you can

Dinodadog

no photos nohing over 38cm

It just surprises me the amount of ski lice on that dam, not lik e Imbil is a haven for yuppies! But at least once you get up into the timbered areas you are safe from them.

Not a good place for a low sided boat though, they can turn the first k or two into a washing machine!

Archived