If you had a Boat, where would you go fishing?

Mick

I have the fishing club boat for use for the weekend, where should I go...

The boat is a 5m windshear center console with a 60 4 stoke on th back. It deck out for outside use but I not too kneen on that for this weekend ..

I plan on using Friday night dusk till late and Sunday morning till night.... where should I go?

For Friday night I think local to Brisbane city but for Sunday ... Bribie to Goldie would be open.

Anybody going a boat trip sunday ???

I really have no idea where to go in Brissy.. :blink:

Ill post a piccy of the boat l8r.

Mate you do the Brisbane river mouth for flatties, taylor, bream and squire.

Launch at Comslie for this.

You could do mud island for squire, cod, bream. Use Comslie again.

If you launch at Bribie try the passage. Plenty of all you estuary species with the potential for jacks and squire close the rocky structures.

The broadwater at teh goldy has heaps of flatties at the moment by all reports due to its their breeding seasons.

Good luck mate!

I Agree with angus on the mouth of the river, and Mud Is, but launch from Pinkinba, not Comslie, it will save you 10-15 minutes of driving. another place to tryis St Helena Is (the back of it). launch from Wellington Point. If your feeling game, you could try the long trip over to the Four Beacons. I hear that their getting a few Cobia over there now.

Wow Mick you have some options open to you. I have a similar boat and fish the areas you're asking about so here is what I would do if I was you.

Friday Night I would head for Mud fisrt thing then back to the mouth of Brissy and Fisherman island Eastern side as you get a bit tired and ready for home. Plastics, Squid, pilly's and livies.

Sunday I would head for Peel Island, west side Straddie and Moreton. Make it a big day cause the weather looks great. you could try just about everything. Sink and float pillys, throw plastics, shark fishing, trolling, HB for flatties etc. Make sure you got plenty of petrol.

I'll be doing something similar so if I see you I'll potter over and say good'a if you don't mind.

brian.......mate that big blue paddock out the east;) mate there should be some surface action out from the mouth of the river and i always see bait schools gettin busted up off bribie.....but then theres the western side of moreton.....i could spend an eternity chasin those lil bonito over there

Archived