Hinze arvo session 24th

WayneD

Made the trip as planned to Hinze. Arrived at 3:15 and was on the water by 3:30. Paddled straight over to the point on the opposite side of the dam amd cast a spinnerbait and a ponytailed jighead witha 3" paddle tail on it for about an hour for nothing. Decided to go for a troll. Put on a Zone special in bleeding mullet colour and a Ridgeback lure in purple/pink. Started trolling up the the dam and got a hit not long after, pulled in my first bass, a skinny 34cm specimen. Just as I released him the other rod went off and I boated another bass at 32cm. Trolled up the dam until the sharp turn left, paddled into a shady little bay out of the wind and tried for some surface action. It was not meant to be though.

So I rigged up the same two lures again and headed for home as it was starting to get dark. On the troll home I managed another two bass, one on each lure again. They went 30 and 32cm. I passed two guys in a perception sit in with a leccy and they had got a toga each and a baby bass. So I got back to the point opposite the ramp and decided to have a go for a toga for a few minutes. No luck after 10 minutes so I called it a day and was back at the ramp by 7:15.

No photos we have all seen 34cm bass before. The fish were all skinny today certainly not fat like the bass I normally catch.

Archived