Nudgee Beach...What you guys caught??

Gerty_92

hey man yehh um when you go to nudgee beach i would say go in the arvo rather than the morning because ive been theyre a few times and ive caugh all my fish in the late afternoon. Everytime ive gone i have caught a deacent size flatty in the arvo soo yeh. just letting u know.

Yeah go to the creek.

I have seen caught and caught myself Flatties, Flounder, Taylor and Cod.

All of these were caught on lures or plastics.

Try Prawn Stars, 3'' Powerbaits and small poppers.

Fish the gutter closer to the mouth at low tide. Or move u the creek a bit and you will find a wider place that holds more water. Try the snd here for flatties and the numerous snags for estaury cod. I have been smoked here once by what i thought was a Jack as well.

Good luck mate!!

Angus

Yeh I wouldn't bother using soft soft plastics(soft x2 on purpose). I would prefer the stiffer stronger plastic lures like hardbodys or prawnstars. The reason for this is because there are 1.3 million toadfish around there now. Angus nailed all the spots except one, just behind the canoe launch area. I personally havn't caught much there but lots of reports I have read there have been some decent fish from there.

Tim

Back when I used to live there in the good ol' days of bait fishing I caught 1 Estuary Cod per night if I took the time to go fishing at night time. I used to use either a Poddy Mullet on a wide gape hook or a whole ganged Squid. One good nights fishing produced 2 Est. Cod (One being my biggest at 65cms), 1 Flattie, 5 or so Bream and a few Winter and Summer Whiting. All on Prawns, Worms, Poddies and Squid.

I dropped what looked to be my biggest Cod on lures (Prawnstar) just 2 days ago. Mind you it was only 25 or so cms. It does have the potential to produce fish. Nudgee Beach is always out 1st choice for Winter time sharking. All my Winter sharks except the 4 footer at Newstead have been caught at Nudgee Beach off the jetty closest to the mouth of the canal.

Troy

With the creek that you guys are talking about, is that Nudgee Creek, the muddy, mangrove lined creek. Don't get me wrong, I've fished there and caught big flounder and flathead. But i was just wondering if that was the creek, do you fish off the rock wall, near the shop.

Post edited by: Cowfish13, at: 2006/09/26 10:05

Flathead

Bream

Tarwine

Mullet

Catfish (two species)

Rays (3 species)

Shovel nose

Toad fish ( 3 species)

Whiting (2 species)

Pike

Taylor

Various small weird fish including juvenile grunters

Squid

Mudcrabs

Well that’s all that I have caught (I keep records). I go there to target winter whiting, I just love the tasty little suckers….caught the taylor on a soft plastics……

By the way I was kayaking there once when I came out of my kayak. While trying to get back in I was bumped by something with rough skin…… never been so scared in my life..

Post edited by: caty, at: 2006/09/26 16:53

Flathead

Bream

Tarwine

Mullet

Catfish (two species)

Rays (3 species)

Shovel nose

Toad fish ( 3 species)

Whiting (2 species)

Pike

Taylor

Various small weird fish including juvenile grunters

Squid

Mudcrabs

Well that’s all that I have caught (I keep records). I go there to target winter whiting, I just love the tasty little suckers….caught the taylor on a soft plastics……

By the way I was kayaking there once when I came out of my kayak. While trying to get back

Archived