Gold Coast Charter 16/03/08

Angus

jeff f wrote:

my highlight of the day was being presented with the grinner award for my excellent catch last time:laugh: [img size=499]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P3160004_AFO.jpg

Oh bu jeff you forgot your catcg of the DAY DRUMMROLL.................... [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P3160124.jpg

post-954-144598447662_thumb.jpg

Confused wrote:

jeff f wrote:
my highlight of the day was being presented with the grinner award for my excellent catch last time:laugh: [img size=499]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P3160004_AFO.jpg

Oh bu jeff you forgot your catcg of the DAY DRUMMROLL.................... [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P3160124.jpg

must be mutton jeff

i had a great day certainly enjoyed my self with three dolphin fish ,pity the reef fish seemed to be off the bite maybe we should have spent longer working the dolies with some kind of rotation thing happening it could have been hecktic

personally i think less people on the boat would have been better but the whole balancing act of peoples versus cash can be hard i for one would gladly spend more for some elbow room

this time round the boat was prepped and ready to go on time there was plenty of better tackle avialable the deckies certainly tried hard and you cant blame a skipper for the fish not biting .but he does get the blame for not getting us into order when droppin gear ie not telling us what he wants to do hes the skippper and should be telling us what is happening ,maybe im just a pom and like to winge i just think with some better people skills and less passengers they could do very well on that boat

dam the dollies go hard that was pulling drag on 50lb braid gotta love the steak he he he

and lastly a massive thanks to all the people who organised and went out of pocket to make the day what it was "friggen good"

jason:)

well every one has pretty much already said how i feel about the setup so will just talk about my experience, First catch double hookup of dollies on 15lb fireline! was awesome fight, caught a squire fly shit off legal so went swimming. got busted of from some big boys and had a ball hanging with the guys. Cheers ellicat and booty for organising.

Congratulations to the award winners.

Chubbstar picked up the biggest fish award with a nice dolly and bud picked up the most fish award. Of course Jeff was awarded the Grinners are Winners award before we had even left port. haha

I had a good day picking up a couple of dollys on SP and was also first to hook a bird (also on SP) but it managed to spit the hook just a few metres from the boat. I thought Jeff did well to actually boat his haha. I think I know what one of the awards will be on the next charter:P

Thanks for a good day fellas. I'm keen to do it again - maybe out of Cleveland next time and maybe an arvo/night session. (I hate early morning rises:blink: )

Good to hear most had fun and caught fish. In Jeff's case he got mutton,:laugh: :laugh: . You old salt you, can't wait to see that trophy. :blink:

As to the bream, if you have a look at some of my past post now you will understand what I mean when I say the bream schools are thick. There are plenty of spots to yak for em but the best method changes daily. Sometimes HB's, sometimes SP's but the most productive is peeled prawn unwighted with a burley to stimulate but don't tell everyone. ;)

Reminder....

To everyone who had their own gear for the charter, don't forget to give it a good clean.

With the amount of spray we copped yesterday, there was a lot of salt build up on my stuff, and I imagine it all will be the same.

Most manufacturers suggest a wipe down with a damp cloth, but not under high pressure water ie fast tap or hose.

This can force the salt and grime further into the mechanism.

Rocket

faulked wrote:

Confused wrote:
jeff f wrote:

must be mutton jeff

Now theres a picture for enviromentalists to see!

shortie wrote:

I had a great day today fishing with some greay guys. The crew and skipper performed well above their last attempt.

IT was very frustrating however the continual tangles that were happening. I believe however that if we did anchor up their would of been more disater in the tangle stakes so drifting then going over the same ground again was the sensible thing to do.

22 guys fishing on 1 boat is way 2 many. Splitting a group of this size into 2 boats would be a better way to go. OVerall i had a great day just the unavoidable tangles were getting annoying.

what you said about the tangles is the bane of charter operators existence, they hate people bringing thier own gear, especially light gear they prefer you to use thier gear.

because if everyone is using the boats gear they all have the same line and the same weight sinkers, getting effected the same way by the current. this means way, way less tangles even on an overcrowded boat. some charter operators will not let you bring your own gear for this reason.

the bloody mutton bird was very lucky that i wasn't shark fishing or it would have wound up half plucked and a hook up its jacksey flapping in a berly slic

ahhh memories

• 3 weeks later...

Archived