Gold Coast Charter 16/03/08

Angus

Well it was a fun day.

I will let everyone add what they will but my highlights:

* Catching my dinner of nice parrot fish.

* Catching my first Dolphin fish in about 5 years. Sadly lost at the side as the deckiy picked up the leader... But all good as it was on my light gear so it still gave me a good fight right till the end.

* Biggest highlight..... Drum roll please..... The bream back at the dock. Man I would pay again to sit at dock all day. Based on STU and Plasticmans 40cm plus bream in the BRC, there were literally schools of this size fish. I know that doesnt sound for real, but the others will back it up :)

Cheers.

Angus

P.S. Forgot my camera but others have pictures.

Take an open water Charter and they get all excited when we get back over dirty ole Bream:P :laugh: :laugh: Bream fishermen pffttt :P;) :laugh:

No, it was very impressive, The numbers and size of them was very tempting. To tempting for Angus:laugh:

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Charter_008_AFO.jpg

Jayson

post-1458-144598447626_thumb.jpg

100kg Black Marlin:woohoo:

Na only joking:P

I had a ball, was a top trip for me.

I caught 3 Dolphin Fish and 3 small Squire.

Was the first time that I've caught a Dolphin Fish, Good fighters with lots of air work.

Oh and yeah I nailed 2 Bream before the charter left:P

Thanks to Elli for taking over Bootys duties and a big Thank you to Shortie for the Trophies.

Was realy good to meet some more members.

Jayson

Angus wrote:

Well it was a fun day.

I will let everyone add what they will but my highlights:

* Catching my dinner of nice parrot fish.

* Catching my first Dolphin fish in about 5 years. Sadly lost at the side as the deckiy picked up the leader... But all good as it was on my light gear so it still gave me a good fight right till the end.

* Biggest highlight..... Drum roll please..... The bream back at the dock. Man I would pay again to sit at dock all day. Based on STU and Plasticmans 40cm plus bream in the BRC, there were literally schools of this size fish. I know that doesnt sound for real, but the others will back it up

I believe you angus cause when I came back from a charter there we hung the amberjack frames over the side of the dock and I could not believe the stonker bream there but I bet there not easy to get on lures

STU: Terry had not got one all day (fish) and when we got back he flicks and SX48 or SX60 and bam!! Nice bream haha.

We chucked them some pillies and squie and they were far from shy. If a plastic had been lobbed in with them they would have hit it for sure...

A dawn kayak run is EXTREMELY tempting :)

Angus

rayke1938 wrote:

jeff f wrote:
and yessssssss the bream in the marina were amazing:woohoo:

Do you think that Brian D has been onto them all along? You may have given away his spot X.:laugh:

Cheers

Ray

Ray na mate.

we asked Brian about that.

But firstly he fondly informed us that the bream under those wharfs have names and he would not fish for them.

Secondly it is illegal to fish there and the security will send you promptly on your way.

Angus

Angus wrote:

STU: Terry had not got one all day (fish) and when we got back he flicks and SX48 or SX60 and bam!! Nice bream haha.

We chucked them some pillies and squie and they were far from shy. If a plastic had been lobbed in with them they would have hit it for sure...

A dawn kayak run is EXTREMELY tempting :)

Angus

yeah mate already thought about that but you would have to be early and quick or you would get kicked out quick smart

Bait Bringa wrote:

Bait Bringa wrote:
man it looks like u guys had a freakin awsome day out on the water,

1 question was the boat really rocky? cause i get sea sick but i really want to go out side like u guys did today?

thanks

Yep very rocky, and pleanty of berley was produced.

Thanks once again to the guys who put together todays charter and prizes, top stuff on your parts:cheer: .

I was a bit dissapointed with today's fishing. I was hoping that today would be vastly different to our last effort, in some ways it was, but not enough.

Although it is a huge boat, you spend most of the day shoulder to shoulder, and 1/2 your fishing time is wasted untangling lines.

22 is far too many in my opinion even for that size boat.

In hindsight, I think I would much prefer paying more and getting a better and more rewarding experience with a smaller boat and a lot less fishermen.

Yes, it was impressive to see the dolphin fish do their thing, and I can see that those who got onto them enjoyed it, but alas only 4 people at a time could safely fish, any more and there was bust offs and tangles from so many lines crossing.

Being out there with a bunch of AFO mates was great, but I can go to a lot of places locally and enjoy my fishing much more than I did today (at a lot less cost).

The captain and crew did not inspire confidence (but it was good to have deckies today!), I got the feeling that we drove in circles with very little gained from one place to another.

My Summary: No notable bites, no fish caught and a lot of braid and gear lost to tangles and bust offs. Overall, I would not recommend this operation to prospective charter goers.

Well that's one of the better charters I've been on lately.Didnt have to get towed home by the coast guard.

Highligt for me was catching a Dolfi on Glenda's new outfit. It gave some serious air time,also had a couple of others on but droped them.I also got a couple of undersized Squire and the biggest green TOADIE i've caught in years, thought I had a good fish on till I got him to the top.

Glenda got a small Flattie about 15cm and a couple of small squire & a pearlie.

On the whole it was a great day to mix with friends and have a laugh. Also to meet some new faces.

Congrats to the prize winners.

And thanks to Elli for taking over.

Dolfin fish for dinner tonight.

I know what your saying Rocket 22 is to many the charter I went on catered for 6 people smaller boat but we got some good fish and could travel further out cause there is less chance of 1 person getting sick and ruining it for all the others

I had a great day today fishing with some greay guys. The crew and skipper performed well above their last attempt.

IT was very frustrating however the continual tangles that were happening. I believe however that if we did anchor up their would of been more disater in the tangle stakes so drifting then going over the same ground again was the sensible thing to do.

22 guys fishing on 1 boat is way 2 many. Splitting a group of this size into 2 boats would be a better way to go. OVerall i had a great day just the unavoidable tangles were getting annoying.

I don't know what to say...

the fishing gods are teasing me, giving me the odd fish here n there to keep me interested.

I think if I put a plastic on at the marina I would have cleaned up on those bream but oh well. 1 Bream and 1 Hit 'n' Miss

On the actual charter, I hooked up to 2 bigguns, sadly 20lbs was no match for what I hooked up to.. maybe some of that X00kg dacron feral linked me to would have done the job.

Terry sorry to hear that!

My opinion on the charter from a techincal view is somewhat similar to rockets to be honest. I would not go back. It is true that we spent more time untangling than fishing. This is the currents fault granted, but 22 on a boat just doesnt work. I would prefer a charter with Steve and catch bass on light gear :)

Our site sponsor Brisbane Bay Tours caters for smaller groups with several boats. They customise a trip to how you want, whether it be bottom bashing, trolling, or plastic fishing for snappers. I will be going out with these guys next if anyone is interested?

However the plus side is without sounding corny I always enjoy a day out with the AFO crew who truly make the most of any experience! There was good times and good laughs so any fish on top were a bonus in my opinion.

Angus

Was an ok trip out, I enjoy fishing even if just watching it. Got my first ever dolly and that was my day. Caught plenty of lines. On that note, I would think that with everyone bringing their own gear and using different lines and leads would have been the bigger contributor to the tangles. Been on a few trips where everyone fishes with the same gear and weight and only had one slight knot...

Anyways, my highlight is the skipper is giving me a shot at being deckie on weekends. Got to be happy with that.

Again thanks to the organizers and contributors.

Archived