mexican walking lure

Dan23

These are pretty cool.

I like how they've designed it to look like an animal that feeds on the Bass' eggs and can draw them out of their nest when they are usually difficult to catch. Good to see a manufacturer observing a fish's behavior and designing a product that links in with its life cycle.

I wonder if there are similar lures that could/are be built for Australian species design for specifically targeting a fish at a stage of their life.

/>http://www.tackletour.com/reviewriver2seanestraider.html

Guys I am sorry if you missed my point. i didn't say I wanted to catch nesting females. I said it was interesting that a manufacturer has looked at these things and developed a product that allows them to be caught at such a time. I'm not saying that I want to do that to Australian fish. I said and I quote, "I wonder if there are similar lures that could/are be built for Australian species design for specifically targeting a fish at a stage of their life."

Arrrg, Ok I'll spell my point out.....

Maybe at certain stages of a fish's life they target a certain food source, not necessarily other fish.

If we pay attention to these feeding habbits we might crack a code?

You can see some of this in the various frog and cicada imitations coming out.

What other food sources do fish eat and at what stages of their lives do they eat them??

Are there any of these food sources that we haven't yet tried to mimick????

And of course I don't want to target breeding Australian Native Fish.

If we were talking about Carp or Tilapia you guys wouldn't have said a word.

Look at shortie's list. It clearly states that large Mouth Bass the bass that is more than likely the one referred to on the American website I linked to is NOXIOUS.

Thanks for reading.

yeah true dan, like a Macdonald fries lure, or loaf of bread sp!:laugh:

I get what your saying Dan, even though the end product of their lure is kinds immoral, ie nesting/breeding females, the thought process and research must have been massive.

Could be good, not so much for develping a new lure, but letting you know what sort of lure to use when targeting a particlur sized fish, like bream.

Ive got lures that all sized bream attack, from 10 cms onwards. if your going into a comp, it would be nice to know your lure will only attrack older, larger bream for the LIVE weigh in.

I think we all understand the point, but aren't impressed when the thought/effort/research goes into producing a lure specific to targetting fish in probably the most important time in their lifecycle. Yes that particular fish might be noxious here, but I bet the place it was designed for they weren't.

I totally agree that the more specific we make the lure to the type of fish, and size of fish we want to target the better.

Dan23 wrote:

Arrrg, Ok I'll spell my point out.....

Maybe at certain stages of a fish's life they target a certain food source, not necessarily other fish.

If we pay attention to these feeding habbits we might crack a code?

You can see some of this in the various frog and cicada imitations coming out.

What other food sources do fish eat and at what stages of their lives do they eat them??

Are there any of these food sources that we haven't yet tried to mimick????

And of course I don't want to target breeding Australian Native Fish.

If we were talking about Carp or Tilapia you guys wouldn't have said a word.

Look at shortie's list. It clearly states that large Mouth Bass the bass that is more than likely the one referred to on the American website I linked to is NOXIOUS.

Thanks for reading.

Maybe I've been going to The Tackle Warehouse longer than you Dan. You seem to have missed my point. Most of the things you mention above have been thought of and lures produced to mimic etc. The array has widened and actions improved, but manufacturers have attempted to do just what you are trying to say since wood whittling was invented.

At the end of the day it's up to the fisherman to choose the right lure for the right time.

Also, I think you're taking a couple of us the wrong way. You asked for an opinion and got some. As I read your opening post the topic is about the lure - not you or fish species. My comment is on the lure and not you. Your inflammatory attack by omission is not appreciated.

in all seriousness ellicat i think dan was speaking of the lure in the respect that it is interesting that manufacturers have thought of a lure that will catch fish when others will not. Now im not saying that it is right to target fish when they are nesting but i am saying that i find it interesting that manufacturers have thought of a way to catch a fish when other products will not work.

just the other day i saw a snake lure designed at the same species (large mouth bass) and it just goes to show how far fishing technology has come since the days of the humble old wonder wobbler.

I agree with you that its up to the fisherman to choose the right lue but surely that lure needs to be available so manufacturers must produce such lure.

fishyman wrote:

in all seriousness ellicat i think dan was speaking of the lure in the respect that it is interesting that manufacturers have thought of a lure that will catch fish when others will not. Now im not saying that it is right to target fish when they are nesting but i am saying that i find it interesting that manufacturers have thought of a way to catch a fish when other products will not work.

just the other day i saw a snake lure designed at the same species (large mouth bass) and it just goes to show how far fishing technology has come since the days of the humble old wonder wobbler.

I agree with you that its up to the fisherman to choose the right lue but surely that lure needs to be available so manufacturers must produce such lure.

That's exactly what I am saying fishyman. Things like this have been available for years. My dad had rubber grubs when I was a kid. Rubber fish before plastics were a fad......You boys seem to think all this is new, which is not the case. A bit naive to believe no-one in the history of fishing has had these ideas :whistle:

ellicat wrote:

You might enjoy a look at some of these boys.

Some rubber models and I'm sure you'll recognise the forefathers of spinnerbaits etc too:)

http://www.oldfishinglure.com/pfluegerluregallery.htm

http://www.oldfishinglure.com/creekchubluregallery.htm

http://www.oldfishinglure.com/shakespeare-antiquelure-gallery.htm

Ellicat - thanks so much for the post. My reply may make no sense and its late...but I think I've just become an antique lure collector :woohoo: These items - for example the:

Shakespeare Antique Lure - Worden Buck Tail

Looks so steampunk! I'm not a noob by any stretch (geez - in the year I was born Intel released the first microprocessor, Charles Manson was still on Death Row and Eagle Rock was #1) but these lures are beautiful! The whole steampunk movement (to me) is based on the blend of modern ideas & equipment with a mechanical and turn of the century set of aesthetics and mechanisms. I can't thank you enough for these links - much appreciated. Imagine this as your alternative columbia fishing hat while using your worden buck tail: [img size=275]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/steampunkwired.jpg

post-2098-144598448657_thumb.jpg

B,ack on topic, the USA has been targeting breeding bass for years, the same as we have. When we go after the big bass in the winter thats what they are,breeding bass only they don't breed in the impoundments but still roe up. I used to have videos showing bass attacking plastics that look like lizards. I must admit I have seen hundreds of catfish nests in creeks but have never seen a bass nest yet.

Archived