Windy easter.

Tim a

Hey all,

hope you had a good easter(except some)

Had a the 4 days staying at mudjimba, a tiny town, I say suburb, just next to Bli Bli, next to the Maroochy River.

Spent Friday morning prospecting some canals, found them to be very shallow close the the bank. Loads of bream everywhere, tho they were all <25cm. They were really finicky aswell, I moved to what look liked just a vacant block(and really was), to find a nice deep rocky blue water section :silly: after 5 mins on PXing I had 3 bream , 10 minutes I had 4 bream and a trev, 20 mins 5 bream, 2 trevs and the guy from the house next to me going apeshit about catching his pets from his back yard. Whoops:laugh: All though it deffenently wasn't his land. After getting a little annoyed at a pedantic turd I decided to head home and flog the barra park which is only 5 minutes away.

Got there around 2ish, started straight away with an MW in a sorta AYU colour on the sol2000 and fantasista with 2lb Stren. 3rd cast got a small barra under one of the bridges, 5 cast, the same then nothing on lures for about 1 1/2 hours so had a go with pellets only to find them extremely hungry as always. Had a problem with them hooking up for about 30 minutes with about 18 slurps and no hooks ups, but then the hooks started sticking and the drag started squeeling. Nothing over 60cm tho, then switched back to lures at about 4:30 as usual. This time trying a new lure for me at the park, Atomic Prong. The Prong worked well, with 9 barra in the hour and a half left. Again nothing big.

Tried a new little creek with Angus on Saturday, the Gus got busted twice but nothing was landed, then tried the rocks at coolum for dart, the weather was terrible, really windy and some big swell which made keeping contact near impossible, but now it was my turn to get busted off my 2 big dart on the rocks. Again nothing landed.

Sunday, and the weather was still crap, Canals still shallow and the fella from the G spot on lookout as this time I only last 5 minutes before been giving the boot. So again, back to the barra Park. From 12:30 - 2:00, 2 fish on lures, including one 70cm model on the MW, super fun on 2lb! then used pellets again and had the same problem at the start with another 20 fish slurping but not hooking then as Paint face and his mate arrived they started hooking up again. About 4:30 started up with lures again. The barra start hitting lures about 5:15. As usual for there, its not barra a cast with lures, just one every 5 casts. I ended up with 12 barra and 2 cod in 45 mins all on Sp's, including prongs and 3" Gulp swimming mullet. Even got one of those little baby black barra which you can see swimming near the bank but never eat.

This report turned out a bit long winded for just a few fish, from a stocked pond :(

However, it was still good fun.

Peace.

tim [img size=438]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Littleblack_barra.JPG

post-96-144598449269_thumb.jpg

Gee Tim, the Barra park must have been on fire to catch that many, I reckon you must of come close to the total for the whole AFO trip!

Also people who hand feed the fish out the back door do tend to get a bit narky about fisho's catching their tame fish!

Yeah Tim and I fished Stumers which was fun.

I was very dissapointed to be honest with my two bust ups. 10lb leader makes you fairly confiedent! No visuals either but im leaning towards a pretty decent cod. At least it was made up for the next day at Noosa!!!

Thanks for the fish Tim.

Good report.

Angus

Archived