newstead 11/4 report

kevinchen19870316

after finishing work at 9pm, i got picked up by username_taken at 9:30ish with fishyman in his car already. so we met dan at newstead park around 10pm and started casting lures around on the walkway.

i was swimming my sx40 in bright purple color and got hits from the 1st cast. 2nd cast a nice little cod was landed. then at the 4th cast, i got a good hit and striked, unfortunately nothing's on the line. so i turned and talked with paul when i felt the line jerked! so a short lift of the rod tip set the hook perfectly. the fish didn't move for 3 seconds which made me doubt if i got snagged or not. but soon some big headshakes confirmed that jerk on the line's caused by fish sucking in my lure:blink: . the fish quickly surfaced maybe only because it didn't even know it's been hooked and IT WAS MASSIVE!. then a few good headshakes and runs later it busted me off after 20 seconds of fight. the fish's estimated over 70cm easily though they won't believe what i said:laugh: . and my only sx40 in that particular color's gone:angry:

then i switched between a few cheap lures since the 8lb leader certainly won't hold up when another good flattie's on. at the same time, paul managed 2 nice bream on BAIT( well, gulp) :P . then quickly the 3rd. seeing i've been outfished, i pulld out the magic lukky kraft wishing to get a score back.B) magic lure did its job perfectly, 1st cast and i was on. this time the fish wasn't able to swallow the lure so i had no trouble landing it with the help of our all time lure saving/fish landing hero fishyman.:silly: . the fish's kept and measured after getting home and it's 56cm and amoung the fattiest flattie i've ever seen.

then it all went quite for me but dan and paul both got some good bream on various sps. so i switched to a gulp shrimp and a few casts later, i got a nice hook up which got me a 20ish bream. just as i lifted the bream, fishyman pulled up a slightly bigger version. but dan's 30+ breambo certainly shaded us.:laugh:

dan and paul kept playing their role as consistant bream catcher for the rest of the night and i picked up a baby cod on the magic lure when we were about to leave.

it was a gr8 night fishing and all of us were onto some awesome action though i only wrote my part in the report:blush: .

here's the total

dan: heaps of bream, 1 cod. over 5 good runs b4 dropping the fish and over 20 missed hook ups.:huh:

paul: heaps of bream.

fishyman: some bream, over 20 missed hook ups.

me: 4 bream, 2 cod, 1 flattie. 1 bust off.

i think paul and dan both have some pics to post.

Kev's flathead. You could be accused for mistaking it for a big one, but Kev's holding it so far in front of him, look at the size of the sx40 ( although he'll claim it was the lukky craft special ). You'll notice Kev's sporting one of the wonderful new AFO hats. They not only save you from skincancer, but help you catch fish too!

DSC03603.JPG

Dan's bream

DSC03606.JPG

Triple hookup

DSC03607.JPG

The I felt sorry for Tom and took another photo of him so it looked like he'd caught more than one fish

DSC03609.JPG

Archived