The Rookies PB

Leighton

After last weeks effort of doing back flips about landing a Squire of 36cm it was time to take my Rookie mate out to the big boys pond.

I set him up the front in the best spot, a few instruction and he was away. Throwing a 5" Bass Assasin in Baby Bass he was doing well. We had a few drifts along one of my more productive spot. We boated plenty of small Squire and some thumper Bream.

The sun was just about to show when the Rookie was on, screaming drag and a few choice words, the lad did well. He skipped the 40cm club, jumped the 50cm club and landed in the 60cm club. Great fish mate well done.

A few pics and back to fishing, my turn. A long cast into the shallows and Iwas loaded up, loosing line quicckly it was soon all over.

We moved spots as a few people started to show:dry: not wanting to give away to many secrets we fished another area. Plenty more small Squire and I picked up a Bucket Mouthed Cod.

Great weather so we chased Tuna around Naval Reserve Bank, no luck so decided to head up to 4 Beacons. There were a few small schools of some decent LT Tuna, with the boat positioned up wind we waited. I was first to lock on to a Hawg. A bit of dancing around the boat and motor then the LT decided to put the afterburners on. One blistering run and it was all over, next time I wont be so lazy and tie a bimini twist. Jamie also had his first taste of LT action, his story was the same as mine only shorter.

Headed home in Glass to beat the boat ramp rush.

Great day made even better seeing a mate go home with a feed [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Jamies_PB_AFO.jpg

post-2505-144598453522_thumb.jpg

Great fish mate:cheer:

And I'm pretty sure that I saw you out at the NW black beacon off Peel Island. Didn't say anything because I wasn't sure, but we were in the 5.2m centre console formosa.

Flicked plastics around all day for a couple of just legal Moses Perch and tiny Snapper:silly: Nothing worth reporting

Jordan wrote:

great stuff with the tuna, that would hav been really exciting. it sounds like you have them worked out well.

Its a bit of a science the Tuna. LT's work either into the current or into the wind which ever is stronger. Place your boat in there line of feeding and they will bust up very close. Jamie saw the 3 foot monster mow his lure down, he was retrieving it to let me have a clear fight with the one I hooked

Archived