in need of help!!

benno89

hey guys im new to this forum, but have been fishing for ages, still dont no much about fishing lol. anyways for the last 2 days ive been fishing down in this one spot at cabbage tree creek, in shorncliff, theres this kool little jetty there and i swear i have caught at least 20- 30 undersized fish (whiting, bream tailor) there in the last 2 days ive been, i keep going back in hope ill hook up on a biggie, i have been using prawns. but im wondering what i have 2 do to get the big mothers out from underneath all these little nibblers?? im not sure if i should try using lures or what, ive only used lure while trolling!! so if you guys got any tips/ ideas let me no please :) sorry if this in the wrong section also

mate at low tide on the sand flat just a few meters downstream from that jetty you can catch heaps of flatties. They sit in the drop off waiting to move back up over the flats.

That Jetty gets a hammering so you'll be lucky to catch many fish there. If you wade out towards the channel markers you can get some nice bream out there at night but watch out for Rays, stone fish and sharks;)

wow that was quick thanx guys, yea today i droped my line directly down next 2 a pylon and was hooked on what i think was a decent sized bream and just snapped me of, and yea also this arvo i seen a guy flicking a lure out between the two green markers

go a little further up river to the big boat ramp and try fishing under the big blue trawlers or flick aroundt the left side of the boat ramp there is a big drop off there the fish hang on the edge of it use fresh looking prawns youd be happy eating rather than smelly old bait prawns or even small bits of steak cut into strips about 1cm square 3cm long these would be my favourites in cabbagetree

jason:)

Archived