Bribie Island 27th April 2008

mangler

Arrived at Bribie Island just after 5am this morning with two mates, did some adventuring trying to find a good spot seeing as none of us had fished there before. Decided to try out between the bridge and Red Beach. First line hit the water no sooner one of me mates pulled in a little 18cm Bream on a prawn. I threw in a couple of pillies, next thing pulled I in a 45 cm sandy flathead on a pilchard, as soon as I unhooked him and bragged to me mate about how he hadn't caught a fish yet, he pulls in a 34cm sandy too, this one on a prawn. After we compared sizes for a while, I pulled in another sandy on a pillie, this time 27cm...

After this it went quiet, so we had some breaky and walked along the beach for a bit, found another likely spot so we threw out some more pillies, & prawns. Was pretty quiet for a while so decided to flick around a HB for a while, didn't do any good on that, but was getting bites on my line with the prawn on it, so decided to check out what was going on and pulled in a 20 cm dart. In the meantime i gave the rod with the lure on to my mate to flick around with, he didn't do too well & somehow ended up with a birdsnest, so we decided to call it a day not long after & headed back around lunchtime.

Even though it wasn't the most action packed morning it was still a fun, relaxing morning and am looking forward to lizard fish for tea...

Cheers, Matt

Edit: Must have been a bit tired when I wrote this :silly: Mate gave me some photo's from the weekend and they were dusky flathead, not sandy's... :blush:

45 cm is a bloody big sandy... :ohmy:

Archived