Fishing Kingfisher Bay

Jordan

Hey all,

As said in another post, if i reach my goal for this week at work i will be gven this saturday off and there is a good chance i may be heading to hervey bay again. what i was wondering was is the jetty at kingfisher bay a no fishing area? i remember staying there when i was young and im sure i had a fish there, but is it now a protected green zone? and do you have to be staying at the resort to fish there? or can you just go over for a day trip and fish there?

any help would be greatly appreciated!

you'll find it very similar to the urangan pier, a little less crowed and a few less bogan derros. heaps of bait schools around it and heaps of XOS things live around it. if you want to try for a GT landbased, that would be the place to do it. have also seen mackeral, tuna, golden trevs and queenies caught there. should be good with a bit more water movement this weekend too with the new moon. the bait will really hold up around the structure and the big boys will come out to play... :woohoo:

is it worth the $55??? i would say probably yes, but it's not my $... you heading up just for the day on saturday?

yea will definatley be taking some heavier gear. just finished a sales meeting and last weekends trip came up. when i told them about potentialy going to kingfisher they said they had tried it numerous times and it was rubbish...

doesnt sound too good.

Hahaha.

Jordan you are way to swayed by other peoples thoughts.

Do you reckon these guys are as mad keen as you and spend the time getting the right baits, the right rigs etc etc.

You have heard from a couple of people who have been there and seen huge and many fish....

i'll see if i can get some photos off a mate of mine who live up there. he landed a 36kg GT off the kingfisher jetty. got busted up by 6 bigger ones in the one session. and as gus says... if you went there with a pack of frozen prawns, you'd do no good. live baits, big baits, even spinners and poppers are the go, as you now know from your last trip. ;)

the baffle hulk is the hull of an old ship that is permanantly moored about 50m infront of the kingfisher jetty

it's there to stop the waves making it hard to load and unload the ferrys, cats and tourist boats

it's one huge F.A.D.

you should be able to see it if you zoom in with google earth

this this keeps getting better and better, and you guys are sure im aloud to fish there without actually staying on kingfisher island? or being a customer of some sort? or needing some sort of permit? surley they would hate to have the jetty that all their yuppie customers walk onto looking like the urangan one...

Jordan wrote:

haha you serious? thats awesome. so im guessing the end of the pier is the best spot to fish? and the best way to get bait is just with a bait jig?

Yeah but thats obvious when you get there.

Its no where near as long as the Urangan one.

Its much much shorter, but very very deep very very quickly as its dredged for big boats.

Angus

Mack_attack wrote:

when we there these kids with their $20 kmart combos caught three mackeral around the 65cm mark on spoons work fast but not flat out.

I was using slugs and only got a few follows. There were heaps of macks and tuna but they were a bit shy.

gold colour spoons have allways been the secret weapon for macs up there

Archived