Bombs or Bits

AZZA

Hi guys as I have a freezer full of old fish bits ,crab shells and soft pillies have been mulling over which is the best way to go, mince it up and make some burly bombs to freeze then lower them under the boat or just chop it up and release a bit cver the side at a time. Whats your thoughts.

With a title like that you have just triggered alarms over half the western world:laugh: ! prepare for a midnight visit from men in black:silly:

I suppose the amount of current running and depth of water would influence the best method, but either has merit IMO.

good luck

Rocket

I prefer drifting chunks.

It's always paid off the most for me.

Depends on what you're chasing and where you are chasing them though.

Offshore at the moment, the fish are really hungry and scent isn't enough for them.

I've been gutting fish lately and squeezing about half a kilo or so of my pilchard burley out of them.

For your bread and butters, you are probably better off with the slow disolve method as the fish can easily fill themselves before getting their lips around your bait.

bootyinblue wrote:

Buy one of those cheap berley cages, freeze some blocks, put the block and a big sinker in the cage, clip the cage to your anchor rope and run it to the bottom. Will get the food down infront of you so it drifts back into where your baits are placed.

WARNING don't do that out in the bay, we used to do it like that but kept losing anchors to bities eating the buley pot and through the anchor rope. had one go that nearly pulled the front of a 19ft glass runabout under.

Burko wrote:

WARNING don't do that out in the bay, we used to do it like that but kept losing anchors to bities eating the buley pot and through the anchor rope. had one go that nearly pulled the front of a 19ft glass runabout under.

Could you imagine retrieving your anchor and pulling in a 4m tiger shark at the same time and announcing you caught it on 12mm silver rope and a burley bucket. How sweet would that be, even though the boys back at the bar would not believe it!

Archived