TerryH's Revolution bags a fish

Terry H

Yippee! After yesterday's togaless trip to Borumba, I decided having a kayak that hasn’t caught a fish yet isn’t good. So I went out to cabbage tree creek to see if I could muster up a flathead, cod or a late jack!

Well sx60 was the lure of choice, and I started peddling out into nundah creek. It didn’t take too long and :woohoo: woohoo :woohoo: a fish! Oh no...

Doesn’t seem big..

I continue winding in

:(

:unsure:

Not very big..

What can it be?

A small bream?

Maybe a small flathead?

I caught a small whiting here last time..?

Oh F**k!

4-05-2008-NundahCreek-HobieRevosfir.jpg

Great. First fish in my new Revolution is a bloody toadfish, that’s foul hooked at that!

Then I see a bit of rubble and this thick school of fish over it.. I wonder what they are? I’m virtually running over these fish and they don’t care!

Haha, damiki vault (on my 4lbs rod) will see what they are! I rip on through and manage to catch one!

4-05-2008-CabbageTreeCreek-BabyF-1.jpg

Looks like an eel tailed catfish?? Got the little whiskers up front:

4-05-2008-CabbageTreeCreek-BabyFish.jpg

There must have been over 100+ in this school, it was a big, tightly packed ball.

Anyway I went way down the cabbage tree creek, and on the troll back bang bang yes I’m on!

Woohoo, a tiny bit of drag comes off the 8lbs and I manage to get a nice flathead to the yak. Looks like a nice 40cmish flatty, I grab the lip grips, he decides yak isn’t for him and shoots off, I bring him back begin to reach out to lip grip him, headshake, he’s off!

Far out.

Not a good start for this revo, 0 toga, 1 toady, 1 baby eel tail catfish and lost a half decent flathead!

Anyway, continue back up, tap tap ho har! I’m on! A nice little bream comes to the yak.

4-05-2008-CabbageTreeCreek-BreamAFO.jpg

Anyway, back I go, trolling along, bang head shakes, another flatty!

Far out. lost him too :upset:

Then I had a good ol’ chat to a fisherman and called it quits

Lost 2 flatties, caught a small bream, got a toadfish and baby catty, but more importantly:

Got the first fish for my new yak. What a cracker it was :sick:

The new rod was the one that jagged that stripey catfish.. lol

But GRRRR Trolling along I snagged up to something real bad on my new rod.

Had to bust the line on it:( The lure that was being trolled was my favourite SX 40...

The one that caught that 96cm flatty, and a host of other fish - it was certainly scratched up , and bashed up, but now it's gone :(

Archived