Rainbow Beach Trip

shortie

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you blokes are gunna have a hooot..

Dusky and i are going to SA at the same time as this trip unfortunately... :( (otherwise you would have had us to put up with as well :woohoo: ) to freeze our butts off and attempt to get a murray cod or 2... ;);) :laugh: :dry:

its a good read this thread... :laugh: :laugh: :dry:

dunno about the smoked dart benno ????? :laugh: :laugh:

Maxi

Gazza wrote:

yeah can bring my cast net too :)

Hmm crap need a big esky is ice local hate warm beer

Gaz

there is an ice truck which drives up and down the beach most mornings. worst comes to worst rainbow isn't that far away. i will be taking a 3-way fridge and a 125 ltr evakool with heaps of ice in it in huge blocks. that should last for the 5 days no probs!

oh and smoked dart is great maxi, you should give it a try sometime!

benno573 wrote:

i don't plan on being uncomfortable hey... and i do plan on surviving! unlike you, yakking in the surf... pfft...

Is that Yakking in a kayak or due to drinking to much.

I will dust of the surf fishing gear this weekend. It been awhile since it was used.

you were talking about in a kayak... and you think i'll be swimming out to save you when you fall off... "tell him he's dreaming"... :laugh: it's winter mate, too cold for swimming! :P

it's only 32 more sleeps! :woohoo:

so far shortie and i have got organised a trailer each, firewood, tarps, poles, pegs, ropes, tent each, mattress each (single only sorry kriso), tables, camp kitchen thingo, crapper, esky, fridge, bbq, stove, shower, lighting, a chair each and a sh!tload of alcohol. i think i have most of it covered. anything i have missed shortie?

benno573 wrote:

so far shortie and i have got organised a trailer each, firewood, tarps, poles, pegs, ropes, tent each, mattress each (single only sorry kriso), tables, camp kitchen thingo, crapper, esky, fridge, bbq, stove, shower, lighting, a chair each and a sh!tload of alcohol. i think i have most of it covered. anything i have missed shortie?

Matches and fishing gear!

Feral wrote:

benno573 wrote:

Matches and fishing gear!

matches good choice... fishing gear is to be organised closer to the time. will throw some matches in the pile tonight!

if any one can get one a vw kombi or beetle crank/engine case is well worth taking throw it on the campfire after a few beers itll catch fire and go crazy they look like a jet engine has been buried in the ground and the afterburner has been turned on the light is incredible we light up the main beach at stradie with one it was awsome they are made of magnesium alloy and burn like a flare B)

jason

HMMMM party tricks :woohoo: think I still have some waterproof cannon fuse ,some black powder and a coke bottle (expanding bait ) KaBoom :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Gaz

If i can find one of those pine stepping stones I'll bring my throwing knife ;)

Gaz

Guys..sorry I have to change my plans!

My mate up in Gympie is having a really bad run...his Pajero we were going to use to go down the beach is fooked($3000 to fix!) I cant get the Hilux I was supposed to do a car swop with. So I am going to do the Inskip option, I think it will give me the option of beach fishing and using the yak on the Tin Can Bay side.

Tight lines my friends!

Hi Guys.

Sorry for the absence, haven't had any Internet and am only running 64kb presently.

Should be up to full speed after the 22.

It's going to be an awesome trip and I am looking so forward to it.

Since this is my first beach fishing trip I need a little guidance.

TENT:

What to buy?

Thought about one of those self erecting things :blush:

Are we camping on the beach itself and would I need special pecks?

ROD and END GEAR:

What to buy?

Have a Shimano 10000 baitrunner I wanna match it up to.

What sort of line rating am I shooting for?

I am a shitty caster so fancy something looong

What Lead weight, Leader strenght, Hooks size, swivels and anything else I have forgotten?

Have Matress, Chair, Flashlight & can bring Gas Trangia and a little Esky if you want me to.

Any thing else I need to buy, bring: FOOD, WATER, HOOKERS, DIRTBIKE ???:P

carsten camping is on sand

the baitrunner will be fine,you'll want a minimum 10' rod preferably 12'

half to one and a half oz sinkers

hooks in size 4,2,1/0,4/0gangs and 8/0

line in 6 to 10 kg

leader in 10 and 25 kg

swivels

some lead baitfish profiles in 40 to 80 grams

and a wading bag

ok guys. shortie's car and mine are booked out. if you want to come up for the weekend, let us know and we will cater food for you (at your expense of course - saves you having to pack it! :laugh: ). alternatively, don't let us know and look after yourself. we couldn't care less either way! at this stage i have carsten and jeff's mate coming in my car, and am towing a 1.5t trailer with the firewood and stuff. anyone else who is coming, for catering purposes please let us know by 2nd august what your plans are. if you are coming up for the weekend please pack as light as possible to minimise the amount of gear taken back on sunday, simple test is if you think you may not use it or you can go without it, don't bring it.

everyone coming will need to bring their own sleeping arrangements, own chair, own plate/knife/fork/spoon/cup etc, own fishing gear and alcohol. esky space should be available as shortie and i both bought huge eskies to compensate for other inadequacies. :blush:

shuttle runs from tewantin barge can be organised if required, we won't have mobile reception so will have to be organised in advance. please pm me with details (i have the biggest fuel tank so i can shuttle run all day long without having to fill up!) including where you will be and when and how much gear you will have. i would like to only have to do one a day if possible so please coordinate with others to arrive at the same time! it cuts heavily into my drinking time... :laugh:

shortie and i are organising this so we will be comfortable. we don't mind if other people use the facilities we bring, but we do ask that all present pitch in and help as required. if anyone has any questions about it, PM me or shortie and we will be happy to help you out.

Archived