What high school did you go to??

Do$tylz

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to the school of Hardknox (Claremont High) 1985-1989, The other kids in the school where not the problem. Some of the teachers enjoyed giving the old back office beating. I was taken into the back office by one once and punched from 1 wall to the other and back again. Some of the teachers went to the pub across the road during lunch, they would come back reaking of rum and have the red glow in their checks most hard drinkers have.

We had the odd fight in the school yard but our schools main strenth was fighting other schools and makeing murderers and stick up artists. A lot of my old school mates are lost to Meth. Not much hope of getting out of there with out a record either.

Jayson

School, Uni education, in general.

How naive was I as a lad when I walked out the school gate! I thought 12 years, all done, never have to worry about that crap again! I was proud as punch, Senior quals, while getting common, were certainly a step up on most kids in those days who only had junior education (those entering the workforce straight out of school). I reckoned I was set for life!

These days you need senior to just be a trolley boy at Woolworths! (Dont laugh, I have a couple of mates who became trolley boys after leaving at grade 10, they are now managers of Woolworths stores, and doing quite well thank you very much!)

Well since leaving high school I have done so much extra education, High school looks like a doodle!

1st degree - externally study 9 years (Hey I discovered women and grog, and there was no such thing as HECs fees then)

2nd degree - External study 2 years (Hey I was married by then, and there were HECs fees, could not afford to do every subject 2 or 3 times)

Then in the last 5 years or so is all the workplace qualifications that are now compulsory, I had to go and get. (got until 2010, then no qual, no job)

Certificate IV in Laboratory Techniques - 1 year, (mostly *RPL'ed but the RPL evidence was probably as big a pain as actually doing it)

Certificate IV in training and assessment - 1 Year, just about finished (hey finished or tossed, it will be a close run thing - I hate it, just ask Poly what he thought of it!)

Certificate V in Laboratory Practices - 1 year (RPL application currently being assessed, also as much pain gathering the evidence as it would have been to just do it)

Certificate VI in Laboratory Technology - currently doing, hopefully will RPL all of that as well, but once again the evidence gathering is as big a pain as doing the study!

So in my 44 years, I have been studying in some form for 12 years of high school, and a further 15 years of some form of adult education. All up 27 Years.

I still need a management degree if I want to go further in my Career, and possibly an Engineering masters if I stay with Main Roads (Wont need that if I go to another Govt Dept).

So you young blokes, dont think High School is the end of it!

PS I am not going to tell you the name of the High School I went to, it would take the focus off putting sh!t on the Churchie boys!

To all those who think leaving school is the end of it think again.

Dosen't matter what industry you end up in technology changes and the study just goes on.

While theres life in the work force there will always be more and study to be done.

yep i had 1 week of for schoolies then straight in full time apprenticeship and also did other training so when i finished i pretty much went to assistant service manager and ran a multi- million dollar business when i was 20. gave it away though cause was to stressfull trying to be the boss when the guy under you was the one that taught you how to fix a car in the first place so stood down at went to just normal 2ic stuff.

Keechie wrote:

i currently attend Kedron state high school, i chose kedron over nudgee due to the money for me going to nudgee was put onto extending the back deck. it was my choice and i really enjoy attending kedron state high.

Hey Keechie, it's late, buddy. My kid has left already. He goes to Kedron as well. ;)

EMP

• 3 weeks later...

Nightcliff high school in the NT. 100m away from the water. Fishing at lunch of the rocks. Barra, Coral Trout and Threadies :P. The school was sh!t and filled with wankers always starting trouble but fishing at lunch made all the trouble worth it.

Archived