Knott drama's

kriso

Hey guys,

i have had trouble latley when tying my leader to mainline not, allbright, when i cast it snaps at the fluro leader so the knott is still there but the fluro breaks immediatly after it any one know what im doin wrong?

Had a similar trouble with 20lbs Castaway cutting 12lbs leader.

Try doubling the braid, either a bimini twist or just doubling the main.

It also could be dud leader, slow down when pulling the knots together, plenty of spit. Not only for lubrication but to keep the heat down

change the knots mate

I'm just saying that because it's very thin, it may cut into the leader a bit more if its not tied properly, or depending on the knot..

Dunno, I'm not an expert :)

but I know Biggles uses castaway and I can't remember hearing any complaints from him.

kriso wrote:

sweet using nitlon leader castaway so could be same drama cap. what knott does every one use for this when using smaller finese rods like a raider which has fairly small runner at the tip

my megabass has tiny guides! there r some knots i usually use when using heavy leader on that rod:

1, bimini + improved albright

2, improved albright

3, simply double + improved albright

all 3 provide very good strength and castability.

i always find improved albright very very strong and slim.

bimini's a option. bimini can really push ur leader and mainline strength to the limit. when using a bimini with improved albright, i never ever had line broken at knots. but bimini can be very very time consuming esp when fishing's hot! so as long as u don't have to really push the strength to the limit, improved albright and slim beauty will do the job perfectly.

hopefully i'll show u some tips next time we fish

thats pretty good,

like i use 4lb platypus super braid at the moment and its breaks way over four more like 8-10 so that knot would break at like 5 or 6lb.

ill stick with improved albright for my light stuff though and bimini to tony jones/improved albright for my heavier work

Archived