Charter advice

kreel

We're looking for some advice on a good value-for-money fishing charter. We're not interested in game fish we'd prefer to catch a nice fat snapper :cheer: or other quality reef fish. :woohoo:

We recently went on a charter out of Noosa, the operators were fine :) , but out of 8 or 10 of us we only caught 3 Mack tuna and a couple of Moses Perch that were legal size :( . I don't blame the charter operator for the small catch - bottom line is that we haven't had our fill of off shore fishing and are keen to go again :woohoo: SOON.

Tell us your off shore charter experiences and if you could recommend any operators :blink: .

I've been out with BKS fishing charters twice and am planning to go again soon. Both times we've caught a fair few big fish, the first time I went we all caught 15+ taylor each as well as a few mack tuna between us and a massive cobia. The second time not many small fish but got 2 mac tuna, 5 spanish macs and a snapper.

The trick though is to go during the week when there's less chance of a full boat, they can take 12, but I reckon 6 or 7 is a sweet number.

Hey, thanks for all the advice guys :cheer: , I'll check out all the options mentioned. I have to say that I am excited about a AFO sponsored trip just to meet up with some more of the characters on the site :blink: - already met Benno and Ellicat (top blokes B) ).

I spent an hour or so last night reading about the first "Out There" adventure :X :huh: :laugh: and can't wait to read the report on the second trip :dry: .

Again, thanks for the input, really appreciated :laugh: .

I chucked up a thread today about 2 upcoming Brisbane Bay Tours trips I have booked.

Let me know if your interested.

Should be some good characters I hope!

Also if you want to dabble in some freshwater, the Winter Camp in well and truly worth the effort.

Angus

Archived