montall

My OH and I are about to re-enter the wonderful world of boating and fishing. We had a boat years ago but sold it and said we would never bother with another one. So we went to the Tinnie & Tackle show to buy a couple of fishing rods and maybe a canoe (we have a river at the bottom of the garden) and came away with a new tinnie. :unsure:

My reckoning was that if I was going to be asked to help paddle a canoe or sit in a nice comfortable seat holding a fishing rod while the motor did the work, it was a no brainer. So look out fish, here we come. B)

Seriously though, the fish are in absolutely no danger from us, given our past experiences in the chase. :P

Looking forward to some tips from here to improve our chances.

Welcome to AFO. You will find it a wealth of info. Post up a pic of your new tinny.

I agree a motor and a nice comfortable seat is the way to go. But just wait im sure you will get replies to your post stating otherwise. There are many Kayakers amongst us.

But lets see them get to a reef 60k offshore in an hour.

Thanks everybody for the friendly replies. I'll post a piccie of the tinnie when we actually get it. It was a little white lie about coming away with it. Just practicing for when we hook that enormous fish, you know the one we all talk about, the one that got away.

At the moment we are still on the waiting list for the boat. Apparently they sold 101 boats at the show and we were the 101st. LOL

Oh and Do$tylz, while I love the river, I wouldn't even think about eating any fish that came out of it. It's the Bremer mate, the fish glow in the dark.

G'day mate,

Welcome along. Nice work on the new boat, I'm sure you'll be counting down the days til it arrives! As for the Bremer River, not too sure I'd be munching on anything that came out of there either, may make for some great aquarium specimens at night time if they glow in the dark...

Cheers,

Matt

Archived