Tim a

hey guys, i made a much much longer version of this only to have it disbaled becasue i accidently logged out. It was 781 words long so grrr!

but any way

I headed up to bribie a week and a half ago and went around to all these new spots i wanted to try. these included this canal/creek/lock and my usual haunt the jetty. i caught 2 flatties (28 and 36 cm) near the bridge on my little creek and lost THE BIGGEST BREAM i have ever seen 2 metres away. It dived into some rocks after fighting for 8 mins. Early estimates from a fisherman there and my self were 55+ cm. I know no one believes me but i have one witness luckily but he was a random fisho who i didnt kno.

I went over the bridge to try near some oyster racks i had seen before to catch 2 more flatties of similar size. I also live baited the jetty to take a 53cm mackeral and i was rapped even tho its a relatively small fish.

all fish were caught on 3 \" and 2\" power minnows except for the mackeral on a live herrring.

And that is how the cookie crumbles!

G'day ando

mate i havn't got a boat because im pretty much the only one in my family that likes fishing and its a bit hard for a 14 yr old to afford one.

I was gonna come to breaky but im in europe at the time off the bbq

i figured how to upload picks! yay

ohh mad didnt thing you where soo young ( to young to have ur own boat :( ) in the report it jsut sounded like you where on a boat i didnt no you can fish the bride without a boat (lear soemthing new every day :P )

tim we should go have a flick osme bay with sp's with some other members form the site.

geez dave thats a bit tite ass dont u think... holidays only! hah joking mate.

yeh Ando most people dont realise the potentual(wrong spelling my bad) land based fishing on the pummistone side of bribie but gee that bream was a site ill never forget!

yeh im up for a fish somewhere but as long as its relatively close coz other wise transport is an issue...

possibly... ill weavel my into getting my mum to just bring me up for a few hours then ill bail on her and go fishing... i think you mis understood before. I dont fish of the bridge that connects the mainland to bribie. Its a bridge south of the main bridge(bribie to mainland) and it goes over a little canal. there is a lock nearby aswell. ill give you more details tomorow. but i have to do some work for now

back before my sp days i had caught my biggest flattie at 60cms at mission point, bribie island in the pumistone... i also caught my bigest bream ther 36cms to the fork and i got a 45cm estuary cod there... now my bigest flatie is 61cms and 1.4kgs and my bigest bream is 42cms to the fork and 1.3-1.4kgs... my bigest cod was 65cms from nudgee creek when i used to live there... sounds liek you had fun, cant wate til saturday night! :) :) :) :)

troy

I'd be in for sure. I used to bit of fishing around some of the entrances to canals and always had fun. Timbo that bridge u talking about sounds like one i used to fish when i was kid, although by now there are probably alot more bridges so maybe not.

Yeah TIMBO IT IS A BIT TIGHT ASS! BUT ITS MY PARENTS RULE. Allthough at the end of the year i wll have my year 12 certificate and in will be free to fish when ever and where ever i want. I will also have a few new rods to use. But for now i still do a bit of creek bashing for local species like eel-tailed catfish, eels, mullet and what ever else is in there.

dave

I found that theres no point in fishing bribie in the middle of the day(xcept for the jetty- its always good) and the better tides are dead low to dead high but when the tides going out its not much fun.

i should be good for a trip aslong as its away from soccer days... best times r saturday arvos for me.

Archived