The drought may be broken!

BundyBoy

Went for a fish today at Pinkenba and the river mouth. Hit the water at about 6:30 and started at the rock wall. The river was dead calm and the early morning fog made it nice and serene.

Anyhow, ended up hooking onto about 6 Tom Thumbs (I think that's what they are called) and had a few nice hits with no hookups (gotta get this part down pat), but did manage to get a 15cm bream through the eye.

Moved down to the poo pipe and hooked up on my first cast - see pic 1. Hooked on for the next 4/5 casts or so - all legal size and put up decent fights on the light tackle. All went back into the water.

I then moved down to the end of the rockwall (at the VERY end near the mouth of the river, it was like glass as far as the eye could see. Threw in, but got nothing and there were a few people here as well, so I moved further along the wall and hooked up on almost every cast.:silly: Again - all legal and the water was that clear that as I drifted in to the wall you could see the bream swimming around the rocks and hitting the bait. Last pic shows a 28cm bream caught here and was an average size.

When here, I got onto something big (pretty sure it was a bream) and could see color before it zipped away and I lost it. Checked the leader and found that the knot had slipped.:angry:

All fish were caught on SPs, I changed to TT Swichblades and SX40s at the Poo Pipe and rockwall to see how they went, but no joy. Even changing the SP to experiment didn't work, so I just stuck with what was working....

I dont really know what they were. The water police said they were tom thumbs. Yeah, the boys in blue were out checking safety gear, regos and licences.

The fish were the same shape as garfish, long and slender but without the "spike" on the nose. Toothy and tended to sit pretty close to the boat. I thought they may have been pike?

As soon as you mentioned sx40's and switchblades I had a suspicion that it might have been you at the boat ramp, but then when you said you caught heaps of bream i was thinking no that can't be Bundy boy he says that he never catches any fish :D:D:D. Great work mate it will be easy sailing from now on

Oh by the way when i spoke to you you would have noticed that i still had my jumper on, I was so freakin hot!!:silly: i couldn't be bothered carrying it around so i just left it on :D

Mack_attack wrote:

Oh by the way when i spoke to you you would have noticed that i still had my jumper on, I was so freakin hot!!:silly: i couldn't be bothered carrying it around so i just left it on :D

I wondered why the two of you had those jumpers on. I originally thought you were wagging school for the arvo.:silly:

Nice flatties by the way...

....and the bugger had the hide to call me at work just to rub it in.... :P

Well done Scotty - smashing day!. Now you have some spots that work I expect next time we go to be on em.

I am glad you can now catch more fish than your 7 year old daugher:laugh:

Archived