describe your worse fish sting/bite ever.

AngGoLee

jeff f wrote:

That's a stonking big bullrout Jeff. I have only ever seen them a few inches lol.

Jords, it might be a good idea to let a doctor cut out things with barbs in them:S (ouch)

My worst fishing experience

Constantly catching Catfish, to the point where the frustration built up so much i booted one. however,knowing the spikes have toxin so i was cautious to where i was kicking it. Just before i was about to kick it, the little sucker moved and than the world came down on me.

Tri

small catfish spine in the joint of my ring finger, couldn't bend it for weeks and all the scans under the sun showed nothing.

new years 3 years ago on moreton stood on a stingray. boiling water and a carton of XXXX later and I don't know what hurt more the next day my foot or my head. hurt bad for a few months and I reckon i still get a bit of pain everynow and then. It's an odd pain different to others.

not me but a mate a few years ago said he was going to do a rex hunt to the first fish he saw on our annual fraser trip. first one was a manky old tailor frame that managed to take a chunk out of his lip. :woohoo:

My dad stood on a bullrout in Victor Creek in Mackay while dragging for prawns. His foot swelled up like a bloody football and he had to go to hospital. Doc reckons it was the worst case he had ever seen. He had to stay in for a day or two. Only time I ever seen my dad cry.

My brother stood on a fish bone whilst fishing. Hurt like hell but he thought nothing of it. 3 years later he had this painful lump appear above his ankle. It got so bad that he went to the doc and they cut him open to see what it was. A bit of the fish bone had broken off from 3 years ago and had made it's way from the bottom of his foot up to above his ankle. Freaky.

I have been lucky so far and have had nothing more than a few spikes from fathead, etc in me.

For some strange reason any type of fish venom just does not agree with me ... just caught a happy moment and not realising that i had a poor grip on the fish, it kicked and spiked me twice ... was in agenising for the whole day and why entire left arm was swollen almost double in size.

Mozza wrote:

For some strange reason any type of fish venom just does not agree with me ... just caught a happy moment and not realising that i had a poor grip on the fish, it kicked and spiked me twice ... was in agenising for the whole day and why entire left arm was swollen almost double in size.

I have an old friend in the Navy like that except it's cans of spinach. Apparently Olive Oil is a good treatment:silly: :laugh:

My son Jake 13, & 2 nephews 12 & 5 were fishing about 200m from the house in a little overflow of the Bremer River at One Mile. The youngest came back screaming, (grandma was looking after them) She thought he had been bitten a few times by a snake and called the ambulance. The ambos were just about to take him away when the 12 year old came back and said he had been bitten, so they put him in the ambulance as well. They were about to leave when my son came back and had also been bitten. They had to call another ambulance. Jake told them that they had been bitten by bull routs. The youngest copped it the most with 5 puncture marks in his foot. All were taken to hospital and released a few hours later with pain killers and anitbiotics. I don't think grandma will let them go fishing there again.

Well over the years I’ve been stung by Blue bottle jellyfish, built up immunity to catfish and fortescue from many stings also been bitten by a non venomous snake while bushwalking. My very first fish I caught was a tailor that had a mouthful of teeth and it was prepared to use them the result blood dripping from my elbow also had a conga eel attack my heel while rock fishing it drew no blood luckily but it enjoyed chewing on it. The best and most painful bite ive experienced was when I was laying out oyster trays early one morning being still half asleep and not paying much attention I stupidly stuck my finger through the chicken wire base of the tray in order to arrange it when suddenly it felt as if my finger had been slammed in a car door. I jumped out of the water like there was no tomorrow feeling as if my finger was missing I looked down to see it bruised with no fingernail and long teeth marks running down from the knuckle to the tip.

Bloody Bream!! My Boss look at me and said†U wont do that again, will ya†my response “F$%K NO!â€Â

Anyways it took weeks for it to return to normal colour and months for my nail to grow back. The PAIN!!!

maxi wrote:

i copped a ray in the hand one morning while dehooking the bloody thing... never experienced pain like it before and never want to again.. ***k it hurt !!!! and for hours...

Maxi

mate, if you lie them on their back (white side up) the tail is unable to flick up towards you, only sideways. makes them a little easier to deal with.

im suprised ive never been stung bad

ive had the possibilities to be bitten/stung ALOT, from steve irwin style jumping on sharks to manhandling stingrays. Wading waters infested with crocs.

but i think about the best ive done is barra gill rakers to the hand

Archived