am i the only one

merida

Hi

went out to the sunken wall on Monday to have a look and try my luck... but while i was trolling a h/b i got one hell of a bump ..and no it was not the bottom or the wall.. now i am shit scared to go anywhere by myself ... this thing hit me twice.. didn't see anything has anyone else had something like this happen?????

Man that sounds very ordinary but would having someone with you ease the pain of a shark bite?

I fish some of the creeks in the redlands on a yak but have never thought of bullies.

That just changed!!

Was fishing Hybers last week on dark in the old mans haines and out of the dusk comes a yaka trolling over the reef / rock, big yak but no lights etc etc!!!!

Grrr hate sharks!:ohmy:

merida wrote:

hit the kayak hard

What a wasted opportunity! I mean, get the biggest set of trebles you can, pin then to your yak, and ta da, world's biggest shark lure!

I mean if you going to paddle around in a giant shark lure, you might as well have hooks in it:woohoo:

BTW, is your yak yellow by any chance?:laugh: Yellow yaks are supposed to make better shark lures:cheer:

EDIT: if it is not yellow, prehaps with can fix that with a respray, and go the full hog by coating it in gulp juice:side:

ps - sorry mate, couldn't help myself:kiss:

I had a couple of solid thumps on my yak a week or so ago as I peddled thru some bait fish in the river but around the city reaches i chose not to look behind me but peddled alittle bit faster for a bit.

Had lures out trolling but nothing had a look at them.

Heath

Great Heath.. Pedaling faster would maen you're scared of the shark - bait fish are scared of sharks and they try to get away too you know :P

I just ignore them and keep doing what I'm doing.

Never actually had a shark bump me though.

But it could have been anything, the amoutn of times we've just around run over fish before they shoot off... could be any fish. it only takes you to startle one and them move the wrong direction to hit ya yak.

there's nothing in the brisbane river that is going to jump up and attack you while on your yak. there's also turtles in the river that would make a good noise if you bumped into them. there's nothing to be scared of as long as you keep you legs and arms inside the yak... most sharks would be more scared of you than you are of them!

TerryH wrote:

Great Heath.. Pedaling faster would maen you're scared of the shark - bait fish are scared of sharks and they try to get away too you know :P

I just ignore them and keep doing what I'm doing.

Never actually had a shark bump me though.

But it could have been anything, the amoutn of times we've just around run over fish before they shoot off... could be any fish. it only takes you to startle one and them move the wrong direction to hit ya yak.

Hey hey hang on Terry I never mentioned anything about being scared:laugh: :P also i never mentioned anything about sharks hahahahahaha just said i had thumps I choose to peddle faster to get my lures down deeper lol

8 inch mullet boucing off the side of the yak makes a fair thump, and waterlogged timber can float under the surface. Then again, could be a shark having a feel if your yak is soft enough for a nibble:dry:

Really whats the worst that can happen? Probably getting run over by a CityCat:ohmy:

Archived