Hey all Gold Coaster here.

Travino85

Wow seems like a great comunity ive stumbled upon here.

Im looking forward to shareing and reading about all the ups an downs our sport/hobby has to offer us.

So far im an avid wannabe angler.... if only my PB was some thing of legal size lol.

I am completely boatless so i continue to land-base fish, unfortunatley.

im getting into the SP and HB lures just recently and giving up on the frozen stuff.

Also i might add, with my tax return i just set myself up with a nice little corked handle rod, and a 13ft alvey rod.... trying to cover all ground to catch what seems to me to be a very elusive creature.. the fish ;)

Im keen for knowledge and around for a bit of a chin wag too.

Seeyas around the forums.

Trav

Welcome aboard mate. We have a few gold coastians that im sure would be happy to share some info and maybe even catch up for a fish.

We also have a Pin Flathead hunt coming up in september. There should be a fair few deckie spots available and I would certainly encourage you to grab one of these if possible!

What do you target usually? Or just anything thats fun?

What lures are you using at present?

Bretto certainly seems to have some great land based spots down there he might be keen to share :)

Angus

hi mate and welcome. i dont actually post much due to work not really letting me fish much. but i love vicariously living through this site.

this post just appealed to me as you just got here and noticed that great community spirit. i have been here for a while and seen a few fools but they will always come and go. there are a good few hundred helpful and friendly blokes (and sheilas) here and it is always a pleasure coming online. i looks forward to the new year when a change of position will see me at far more events.

Welcome onboard Trav,

Its a great little place and a well kept secret to try and keep the keyboard warriors out!

I fish quite often down the Pin area, mostly midweek and I normally post up when I am going. So keep an eye on the Going Fishing Noticeboard and drop me a line to see if I have a deckie spot available.

Hunting at the pin sounds awesome, have yet to venture there, i dont think i could resist a flatty hunt.

With the SP ive been targeting bream, but its only been targeting practice so far :).

Using 1/16 jig with (sorry not to be accurate)an orange glittering small slug and ive also got some, i think its the "new penny" minows. ive got some 1/24 jigs but waiting for the wind to calm down a bit.

so far i have the weather as an excuse, but as soon as it becomes favourable im hoping my new gear performs.

Had a look on ebay and got some 30mm and 50mm HB lures comming in the mail. cant wait to give them a go.

so far google maps have directed me to some places, but usually i go under a number of bridges and try to bring them up from around there.

Cheers

Trav

Mate bridges are a great start. Structure id a good place to hit for bream. And if you are just after fish by catch of nearly anything can come out of there.

Dont overlook sand bars, especially ones with weed. These often produce bream and flatties as well.

Good luck!

I have been getting plenty a few fish around the canal briges in runaway bay lately and at the mouth of the canal that runs past the shopping centre there. There is alot of good spots on the coast. I live on the goldy as well and head out fairly often.

Brett

if u wanna polish some lure skills, gold coast bridge (formally sundale bridge) at main beach/southport is alive with pike, small trevs and little tailor at night. well lit bridge, tons of baitfish. its been our stop for years to gather fleshy bait for breaming. if its cold and calm, head along and check it out. the later the better.

Archived