25-07-2008 Romeo at Big W

werewolf

Romeo sent me a few piccies and a quick story. So of course I had to share.

Yum, lunch of Bass, Sweet Chilli Sauce and rice. Very very nice. Our fishing trip was great. We got there at about 7:30-8am and there was still really thick fog on the water. We rowed out to the cliffs and parked the boats on the small beach there. Earl caught two catfish just before we got to the beach (20-35cm ones). We then went for a walk along the cliffs and started throwing lures off there where I caught my two catfish (30-40cm). Which we hauled up the cliffs to de-hook (this was about 12noon and the water was flat as a tack, the fog had cleared and there wasn’t a breath of wind). I then got back in my boat to explore along the wall for a bit and then to the other side opposite the cliffs. I was looking at those wild melons and was about to paddle back to the cliffs when my rod bent right over and my rod was almost touching the water. The bass put up a fight for about 10mins and I tried to tire him out against the drag because it was still pulling too hard for me to put my rod back in the holder so I could paddle back. Eventually he grew tired and I managed to paddle back. The bass was 46cm and 1.4kgs. Me, Ruth and Earl ate half of it for dinner that night and there’s still enough for another meal for three people.

BTW, I had to deflate Romeo and let him know that it wasn't his PB bass, it was his PB yella instead:laugh: My young Padawon has much to learn! Like inviting his master on fishing trips...:blink: Piccies next B)

werewolf wrote:

... I had to deflate Romeo and let him know that it wasn't his PB bass, it was his PB yella instead:laugh: ... Piccies next B)

Looking at his watercraft perhaps, "deflate" was a good if un-intentional pun? :P

Either way I'd be happy with that bass...I mean yella:silly:

It always gets me how the colour, and even look of the fish, from the western Rivers and Dawson River areas (The later is the strain allowed to be stocked on the east coast) are compared to the yella's from the murray darling system, They are always pale, insipid looking things, while "ours" are always dark and look like they mean business!

Archived