Logan Lagoons Mixed Grill

stingray

Hi Guys.

Today an expedition to the logan lagoons was on my mind for some fun on the Carp, Tilapia and small eels .

Gardenworms were the bait of choice on this trip as thats all i had :P

Arriving at the lagoons just after noon with the sun high in the sky i was under a nice tree.

I bait up my rods and cast them out after about 2 mins my first worm bait got nailed.

A nice carp about 3kg in size gave me a short work out before beaching itself.

I re bait and re cast the rod and just as i put it down my other rod got hit by a small eel.

It was a good start to the day and with more to come i new it will be a good day on the lagoons.

The rest of the time fishing there i caught 2 more carp 3 tilapia about 12 eels all of a small size and a Mouth Almighty they are a small fish that dont get much bigger then 20cm.

The carp i gave away to some old man who want them to eat :laugh: :laugh:

And the rest i took home and got photos of , I dont have the photos of the 3 carp as i left my dig camera at home.

Here is a pic of the rest of the mix at home in the Esky [img size=441]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/mixed_grill.jpg

post-160-144598402597_thumb.jpg

Yeh i keep the Eels for shark bait :) i like to use the small eel on 10/0 or 12/0 hooks , they work fine you dont know what kind of size shark will hit them and they take up less room then the pike eel or bigger eels.

When i lived down south we smoke eels down there and they are good eating :laugh:

must do it some time :whistle:

Post edited by: stingray, at: 2006/11/12 18:22

Stingray i had a read of your logan lagoons past trips and looks like you have a good spot for eels :)

That size eels you have in the photo work wonders and are over looked as a big shark bait, if you fish with them a lot you will know what i mean.

keep up the good work mate and i will see you on the water some time.

Matt

• 1 month later...

jimmyB, its not a snakeheaded gudgeon. I have seen one caught and thrown lures at another both North of Townsville. Very different looking fish. I also think the snake heads are a tropical fish.

I think you are right that it is some sort of gudgeon though. I caught a very similar, if not the same type, in the cast net recently down here.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived