New Snapper/Thready Rod

fishyman

Hey guys

just cranked out another build, its in the dryer as we speak so it can be ready to fish for the weekend. It wont have the decrotive stuff done until next week when i have time.

Details:

Blank is a GUSA B70M, 7 feet in length line weight 6-17lb. Its casting weight is something along the lines of 1/8 - 5/8th or something like that. Guides used are American Tackle Titanium framed with Nanolite rings all in a single foot design with A frames as the stripper and transition and fly style guides as the running guides.

Bindings are done in very bright colors to try and spark some interest when they see photos of what it catches. Gudebrod Medium green NCP with purple inlays and trims. hopefully when people see it in photos they will enquire about the rod and then i might end up getting a few jobs.

Handle is from matagi and has a custom painted reel seat also from matagi.

as i said decrotive and trim wraps will come next week when i have time.

here are some dodgy pics i will replace these with better ones tomorrow when i get it out of the dryer and into the sun :woohoo:

matching it to a Shimano Biomaster C3000 with 20lb sufix performance braid to be used on as stated in the title tossing lures at snapper and threadfin salmon/jew in the river.

Hopefully get it blooded on saturday :)

Hope you like my work, i sure do :) the colors i tend to use on my own rods are not for everyone being so bright and adventurous but hopefully that sparks some interest into the rods im using which in turn might get me a few builds.

Thanks guys

Stripper guide wrap

P8070078AFO.jpg

Running and transition guidewrap

P8070079AFO.jpg

Handle

P8070080AFO.jpg

Archived