Wellington Point Peir. 03/06/06

Angus

well what can i say.

It wasnt as good as we hoped but still,provided a good feed. (and the few months supply of bait)!

The fisho's from this Site who attended were, Jordan, Troy, Ash and myself.

We got there (Wellington Point Peir) around 6:30pm expecting to have to compete with numerous other fishermen for prime positions on the peir. Not everyone else it seemed was as keen as us howver (possibly due to the 6 Degree temp) and we had the Peir pretty much to ourselves. After a few casts we had all teh mullet we needed so the sharks lines were deployed.

Waiting.

Waiting.

Not even the prawns were being touched by small bream. This combined with the freezing cold was making the night a tiny bit tedious. (And not to mention the lack of desire the Domino's Pizza dilivery girl had to deliver a pizza to the peir at 12:30 at night, i mean come on)!

By the end of the night the closest we cam to getting anything on lines was a pike which bit troy off on a live herring as it was being liftedfrom the water. However in the cast net did garner 10 very sizable luderick, at least 1o Kilo's of poddy and bull headed mullet which will make great shark bait in the future, and 2q very nice sized Calamari which i shall enjoy immensely tonight i am sure.

All in all, not the best trip but i would certainly give the peir another shot (when its bit warmer) as it is very comfortable and easy to fish. And with the amount of bait in the form of Hardy heads, mullet, gar and herring the were congreating there, im sure it was merely an off night and not the actual location. Maybe the presence of numerous dolphins were keeping teh sharks away!

Check the Isles and Bay photo gallery for piccies.

Cheers.

Angus.

In regard to sharks on wellowpoint, you should talk to Marrek he was the camera man from the comp. He was saying that he gets sharks from there regulary. I think he caught them in summer. also if you want bigger squid u need a rope and a couple of cheap cans of tuna (not flavoured) and yeah stab the cans and feed the rope through and have like 4 on the rod and it is the best burley for squid, well i dont actually know if its true but thats what i was told. Also is the current strong at wello?

dave

Angus wrote:

not to mention the lack of desire the Domino's Pizza dilivery girl had to deliver a pizza to the peir at 12:30 at night, i mean come on

Aagh young men and pizza delivery. Obviously no commitment to her chosen career path.

I remember when they first started pizza delivery in Rockhampton 20plus years ago.

Me and the boys were having a few one friday afternoon, and decided to try it out.

Low and behold a little hottie shows up with the pizza. Boys were impressed. So we decided as we got drunker and hungrier that another pizza was in order, so got her out again, and again and again.

The boys, increasingly drunk and amorous were making more lewd advances each time she showed up. This went on another couple of times, until around 10pm she got to the gate, one bloke dropped his trousers, and waved his arse at her, she just threw the pizza through the gate onto the front steps and legged it.

We rang up the pizza joint to see if she wanted to be paid, but for some reason she had quit. So there you go, young people of my era did not have much of a commitment to their work either!

all the luderick were caught in 2 or 3 casts... thats not really all that hard considering we were casting many times over a school of literally 50 or so 30cm mullet... absolutely teaming with bait... yeh gus was talking about reef 100 or so meters out thats were we put em n still got nothing... id say because of the loads of dolphins and the wether...

troy

G'Day Guys and girls.

Yeh wellington point is a funny place as it is very very shallow and on lowtide you can walk all the way to king island .

having said that there is still sharks there, summer time is way better as you all know , but you can still getthem im winter if you time the moon and tides right.

As for as i know fishing there myself , there is one spot where you want ur bait to be over any , it's a nice jetty but for sharks i fish one rod and have my bait just where i want it in a deep hole.

I will be at the point 2morrow Friday 9th June from 4:00am till about 10:00am befor tafe high tide is at 7:00am .

Not going for sharks as i have not bait , but will bring the rod and put out a livey:whistle:

Archived