My new Lure Retriever

Feral

Well my new toy arrived today, cost me about $27 all up.

Its a great lure retriever from the Murray Monsters Web site. (Nice site, as long as you realise they are definitely catch and release kinda guys).

Really looks the goods, and it is solid! lots of weight in it, and chains to hook the trebles if the weight cant knock the lure off the snag.

Look here for a demo on how it goes on the line etc.

http://www.murraymonsters.com/retriever2.htm

[img size=196]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/card.jpg

post-134-144598469246_thumb.jpg

Maybe Booty, work charges $125 an hour for my time, I dont reckon I could make one in 12 minutes!

But yeah lots of people make their own, usually people who know a little bit (well a lot more) about it than me! I see Mo Tackle sell them as well (for a higher price!).

I'm happy to take some detailed snaps if your keen to have a go at your own copy!

Yeah well when I get stuck in a tree, it's usually pretty close to the water, thats why the only ever shot you will ever see of me stuck in a tree,

THATS RIGHT AL. JUST ONE PHOTO :)

Is me standing on my kayak to reach up to the lure

Al on the other hand, fires 'em off and hooks up about 5m up

bootyinblue wrote:

Feral... was just looking for such a pic. Although you know why Husquvana operators call them Stihls. Cause normally they are still stuck in the cut!!

To be honest Booty, my saw is a husqvarna, I was just to lazy to find a photo of a good chainsaw ;)

saltshaker wrote:

mate thats a cracker..is that offer only for members?..i cant really justify spening $7 tho to retieve $20 lures

Are you serious? If you manage to save half a dozen $20 lures in a trip (done it maannny times) then you are laughing instead of crying...

ps - I got one of the cheapy ones you get in kmart etc (I think it is "tackleback" brand or something)

Feral wrote:

bootyinblue wrote:
Feral... was just looking for such a pic. Although you know why Husquvana operators call them Stihls. Cause normally they are still stuck in the cut!!

To be honest Booty, my saw is a husqvarna, I was just to lazy to find a photo of a good chainsaw ;)

Ahhh be still my beating heart!

Archived