Shultz Canal with JimmyBob

Keechie

hey guys, The day started at about 9:00 this morning when Jimmybob arrived to drop off my new pet:) that is watching me now lol. We planned to fish somewhere then he decided lets try shultz canal his old fishing destination. We jumped on the bikes and rode down to the motorway. we fished the motorway for about half an hour untill jimmybob lifted his plastic off the bottom to see something big and blaCK follow his lure to the surface, nothing, not even a hit so we moved down to my next spot. even worse decision no hits, no follows and no nothing except a Toadfish that took jimmybob's sx40 thats it lets try my secret bream spot. 5 mins at my bream spot and i am on short nice fight and in comes a bream of 23cm or so. fished here for a bit longer with a few nice follows from bream and small flatties but no takers, the wind was too strong so we moved. fished our next location for nothing, so once again we moved to where i got the estuary cod last week. we fished some hb's for a bit jimmybob getting 2 solid hits while i was rigging up. So i slipped on a switchblade to get the lure deeper and it payed off. fished for a short time and bang i missed a good fish 3 casts later and i was on in came a nice flathead of 49cm WOOO!!! first fish on a switchblade another 3 casts and bang zzzzzzzz in came a beautiful summer whiting that fought better than the flathead, measured the whiting and he went 29cm first on a hardbody and it made my trifecter, i was thinking geeze i need to get some more of these:laugh:. Jimmybob said thats it we are not leaving untill i get a real fish soon after he is on to a nice small flatty that took his plastic. Rode back home into the wind which tired the Shit out of us. got home at about 1:30. thanks so much for today and for the mexican walking fish.

Toatal tally:

Keechie: 1 bream, 1 flatty and a whiting

Jimmybob: 1 toadfish and a flatty

• 3 months later...

Archived