Feral and Ferg's Secret spot

Feral

Well we went fishing in Feral and Ferg's new Secret Spot, there is no ramps or pontoons, so launch is via shanks pony down the bank! Not to dificult with the 2.4m tinnie, took about 10 minutes all up to launch, including ferrying batteries, motors and fishing gear. Packing up at the end was a similar exercise, except we just scull dragged the tinnie up the bank on the grass, rahter than carrying it.

We were on water from 10 to 1:30, using 55lb motor, swapped to second battery when first one was reading 11.7volts under load, just to have a run on the second battery really (to go back to launch spot) for the last 15 minutes. But 1st battery ran most of the day on setting 1, with a 30 minute run down the river on 5! so went well, forgot to take GPS so dont know what speed it was doing, but it was fast, we were making a wake! One battery is better than the other it charged up to 13.7 volts, (the one we used mostly) the other 13.4 volts. The second battery was down to 12.3 volts after the 15 minute run on high, so whilst not as good as the first, it is still performing reasonably! Remember these 42ah batteries will only be good for about 45 mimutes continous run on high with a 55lb motor!

We found the Bass, got 1 each, easily over 30cm, forgot to take a ruler! Got another 3 or 4 hits we missed, there are mullet in there the size of a small truck! they were jumping everywhere! It is suprisingly beautiful in there, very wide and navigable for about a 2k stretch. Its got weed and water lillies, along with a lot of undercut banks and overhanging trees and exposed roots. Ferg and I will have to hit it early in the morning or late in the afternoon, I reckon we would do much better.

There were also some sort of perch about 10 inches long, at one stage we could see them hitting our lures all the way to the boat, but their mouths were to small to get anything but the tail of the scented plastics, they would not touch hard body lures.

Took some photo's on the phone, but wont be able to download them until monday at work. (And making sure no photo's give away the spot)

So looks like our new secret spot is a goer, cant reveal its location or it will get over run by pesky \"Yakers\"!

But seriously I did promise the bloke who put me onto it that I would not tell anyone where it was, so I wont.

nice spot guys :lol: spanglies would max out at around 10inches so they might have been the culprits? However spanglies aren't scared to take a lure, so at that size you wouldn't think they would have a problem hooking up if they were...

Charles and I put the canoe in over the weekend at a little spot of mine hoping for bass, but it was badly choked with weed and unfortuently didn't have any weedless SPs handy. I saw several big bass come charging out of the weed when spooked by the canoe, so I know they are in there! I'll have the right lures next time;) I haven't caught a bass for a while, so I'm getting withdrawal symptoms...

• 5 months later...

This thread popped up in the \"random threads\" box, and I forgot I was going to let people know where this was.

Its the #$%$&&* Good spot for Yakkers, down a bit in water, but still very fishable!

I dont bother fishing it anymore now that the bullet is mobile.

Forgot I had give up the spot to Dazza, so whipped the name out again! so if ya didn't see it you've missed out!

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/04/30 20:18

I was driving from Caboolture to Morayfield the other day looking at some house and land packages.

I think i might have an inkling.

If it is where i am thinking funnily enough i have already said to James its a place well worth Yakking!

Angus

Archived