NPD Quick afternoon session

silver_rex

pics147.jpg

Got a leave pass from the wife this arvo so headed over to NPD for a quick fish. Strike rate is still 0% after several attempts hahaha. Ended up at Forgan Cove. Started off with bibless rattlers, while doing that saw plenty of surface action. So on went several poppers, no joy!!! Then the wind picked up and couldnt get any distance casting into wind. So went with 20g slugs and still no joy! After couple hours i had a 1.5m brown snake pass me, naturally i called it a day after that :unsure:

Bad luck, but better than rugrat minding which I have been doing all day. (Well except for when daughter got in to my wife's cosmetics when I just had to do some work on the boat!)

I thought it was going to be to blowie after the wind last night, so told the wife that of course I'd give up my fishing day so she could go out! Then pretty calm early this morning so I was kicking myself for not going, then the wind got up, so did not feel to bad about staying home.

yeah im sure we will.. Next purchase is some waders, because there is no chance in hell im walking through the grass along banks in pants and shoes!! Especially after that dam snake i saw :blink: :ohmy:

Have to meet up for a fish EMP so i can see how its done, im new to the bass fishing thing. My 3 tier Plano tackle box is filled with lures waiting to catch bass :D

silver_rex wrote:

Have to meet up for a fish EMP so i can see how its done, im new to the bass fishing thing. My 3 tier Plano tackle box is filled with lures waiting to catch bass :D

Mate, I'm not sure if I would be of any use to you. I'm a newbie in fishing in general. But hey surely, we can meet up one of these days and do a castathon. LOL.

Meanwhile, I suggest you read some of Dino's reports. You'll find heaps of info there. Dino's middle initial is "B" for Bass. ;)

EMP:)

I had a very similar afternoon by the sounds of it. I cast everything out and only gained interest with a Spro.

Got the fish right to my feet, reached into the water to grab it it turned and bolted and my line went " PING ".

Good size bass too. Last cast I hooked a little boney bream and that was all she wrote. Windy as, and quite cool without waders on.

Archived