New PB at NPD

Dinodadog

Decided to have a session out at the dam today, so headed out and caught up with my mate and hit the water. Mate was first on with a small bass and soon after about the time Paul..usernametaken showed up he was onto his second. But sadly to say his luck run out and he tripped on a vine and done a parra role to the ground taking the bark off his elbow on the way down. After he left to go home I got my 1st bass, then a good while later I heard Paul yell I am on and I said so am I, this resulted in a very yellow yella for me and a PB bass for Paul, I'll let him tell his story. Then after that I picked up another bass in the low 40's before we left for home.

Fish while you can

Dinodadog

bass [img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/hhi_001.JPG

post-1453-144598473679_thumb.jpg

What a great session, as I'm arriving there's a fish being hauled in, so I think I'm in for a billion fish. Unfortunately the reality soon set in as I made cast after cast with a spinnerbait to with not even a touch. While I'm fruitlessly casting away Dino hooks and drops two fish, meanwhile not a touch for me.

Dino had all but promised me a yella on spinnerbait ( two firsts for me, yella, and fish on spinnerbait ) but I was starting to doubt I'd catch anything at all, after spending a year sporadically throwing around spinnerbaits for zero success I had pretty much decided that spinnerbaits are designed to catch fishermen, not fish.

My boredom was broken up by discovering that old people are clumsy and delicate, as I'm fishing Dino and his mate take turns falling over and breaking hips. I think I counted 5 broken hips between the two of them.

After the helivac took Dino's mate away I decided to get serious about fishing and promptly hooked a freight train. After a very short fight he bricked me on something.

Dino shouts at me and tells me to give it some slack, so I lifted the bail arm and waited, after about 30 seconds the line starting flying off the spool and I flipped the bail back over and started fighting for real. I had my heavy TD Advantage and 10pd fireline so I hiked the drag right up and started showing the fish who was boss.

Even with tight drag he put up a decent fight and I dragged im a fairly average sized bass. Was only 52cm. This gave me a first ( fish on a spinner ) and a PB enhancement of 2cm.

A few quick shots on the bragmat, a kiss goodbye and he swam off to be caught another day.

DSC04232.JPG

DSC04234.JPG

Had a few strikes after, but didn't manage to land anything else. I think Dino got a few fish as well, but only small guys, not really worth mentioning :)

Thanks for the afternoon of entertainment Dino, next time I'd appreciate it if you could arrange for a few more fish please.

Archived