Coolmunda dam

Aaron H

Well I have decided Coolmunda dam to be the destination for this weekends adventures, so the missus, me and the dog will be camped at the Sunwater reserve, anyone ever camped there? have driven past the lake but don;t remember the bush camping area on the lake? Also any idea of the ski lice population as my missus is making me declare on paper that I will not get cranky if skiiers over run the place (gonna be tough). Bring on the big green fish

Never camped there mate, but it's not a bad little spot, bit shallow compared to some of the other dams around the place, but a few little cod hidey holes and standing timber. I guess being the long weekend there will be a few skiers out, probably best to head up around the timber to avoid them.

Good luck, looking forward to the report.

May cod be with you...

:fishing:

I stayed at van park near railway line years ago. It was wheat season. Some mongrell would wait for you to go to sleep and send a 3mile long train along.The empty ones were worse they rattled more. Strangely they were none in the day time.Might not even be a train line there now it was a long time ago.

Cheers

Ray

Good luck Aaron.

Not sure if those campgrounds are the little patch at the North western corner. Never stopped there.

We camp further south from there on the "bank" (if that's what you call it - more a shoreline I guess.

This area will be a fairly skinny strip if the water is up, but there's plenty of it. Good flat ground right up to the treeline. Don't think there are any facilities in this area - just have to head up to where the ramp is, or be self sufficient.

The road into that area is a bit rutted in places (especially if you head down the scout camp track), so take it easy on the laden Camry;)

I've never seen a skier there either - and we're normally there on school holidays...so you might be lucky.

The old creek bed is pretty much straight out from the ramp - you'll see where it feeds in on the other side in the NE cnr area.

Late thought - I rarely go there in summer - so maybe that's why I've not seen a skier:unsure:

ellicat wrote:

Good luck Aaron.

Not sure if those campgrounds are the little patch at the North western corner. Never stopped there.

We camp further south from there on the "bank" (if that's what you call it - more a shoreline I guess.

This area will be a fairly skinny strip if the water is up, but there's plenty of it. Good flat ground right up to the treeline. Don't think there are any facilities in this area - just have to head up to where the ramp is, or be self sufficient.

The road into that area is a bit rutted in places (especially if you head down the scout camp track), so take it easy on the laden Camry;)

I've never seen a skier there either - and we're normally there on school holidays...so you might be lucky.

The old creek bed is pretty much straight out from the ramp - you'll see where it feeds in on the other side in the NE cnr area.

Late thought - I rarely go there in summer - so maybe that's why I've not seen a skier:unsure:

Cheers Elli dam is at 54% so I hope thats enough water:unsure:

Archived