Smokey fingers???

Kappa

Hey all,

Im new to fishing still learning the ropes. Unfortunatly im a smoker and i was wondering if the smoke on my fingers while baiting up hooks or using SP would hinder my chances of getting a catch? Ive herd that sunscreen and bug spray arent the best on hands when baiting up hooks, But ive been out flicking with out smoking and still nothing, not even lucky enough for a single toad fish!

any theories?

thanx, Kappa

bahaha nice shortie

Kappa: my mate smokes like a freaking chimney.. those horrible virginia peter jacksons as well.. and he has done the entire time i've known him and he always catches fish.. the bastard...

i'd be more concerned with bug spray, suncream, oranges, and deodorant *holds nose*

i know theres a hand gel stuff u can get like this
/>http://www.bobsoutdoorstore.com/store-products-519-Baitmate-Non-Scents-Hand-Cleaner--Odor-Eliminator_40301707.html

thats the only link i can find .. i'm sure the hand cleaner stuff i saw was from the brand "stimulate"

The majority of fishos I know are smokers, so I don't think it affects the fish as much as sunscreen etc. I've found that when fishing with bait, the first couple of bait ups produce not much until my hands get a bit "bait stinky". Fish wipes from BCF clean all the "smells" off yer hands and also contain a fish attractant, they are also good for after a fish as well to save getting "mullet gut steering wheel".......

I smoke roll ups and if the fish aren't biting, I always roll a slow fag, just as it is rolled and ready for a licking the rod ALWAYS goes off! Another fisherman's lucky talisman, but I seem to smoke more now!!! ;)

ahhh wellnow thats a new excuse to add to my books. hahaah mate like the other guys sed i dont think it will be smoking that repels fish but the other stuff like R.I.D. and shit will. my old man was the first to tell me about that ey and i thought he was having ago lol :D

planetfonz wrote:

bahaha nice shortie

Kappa: my mate smokes like a freaking chimney.. those horrible virginia peter jacksons as well.. and he has done the entire time i've known him and he always catches fish.. the bastard...

i'd be more concerned with bug spray, suncream, oranges, and deodorant *holds nose*

/>http://www.bobsoutdoorstore.com/store-products-519-Baitmate-Non-Scents-Hand-Cleaner--Odor-Eliminator_40301707.html

thats the only link i can find .. i'm sure the hand cleaner stuff i saw was from the brand "stimulate"

What strength ? (Mine aren't working as well, so a change might be a good thing :whistle: )

MoparKevUk wrote:

The majority of fishos I know are smokers, so I don't think it affects the fish as much as sunscreen etc. I've found that when fishing with bait, the first couple of bait ups produce not much until my hands get a bit "bait stinky". Fish wipes from BCF clean all the "smells" off yer hands and also contain a fish attractant, they are also good for after a fish as well to save getting "mullet gut steering wheel".......

I smoke roll ups and if the fish aren't biting, I always roll a slow fag, just as it is rolled and ready for a licking the rod ALWAYS goes off! Another fisherman's lucky talisman, but I seem to smoke more now!!! ;)

I can understand how you can tell they're slow, but how can you tell they're fags ?

And when they're ready for licking, whose rod goes off - yours or theirs ?

ellicat wrote:

planetfonz wrote:
bahaha nice shortie

What strength ? (Mine aren't working as well, so a change might be a good thing :whistle: )

as in what mg cigga's? they are about a 40,000mg's aren't they? smell like a sleeping hobo ashtray

Archived