Dream Kayaks

Northside Chic

Hi

I am looking at getting into kayaking and didn't want to spend too much initially to get set up. I just wanted to see if I liked it first before getting a more expensive kayak. Anyway I have seen the brand Dream Kayaks online and specifically the Dream Catcher 2 Kayak. For the price (around $400) they come fitted with a seat, 2 hatches and around 4 rod holders with an adjustable swivel rod holder as well. I was just interested in whether anyone had bought one or tried one and what they thought?

Thanks

I am a happy owner of one. Can't fault them for skinny creeks and estuary use. Nice and light so pretty easy to drag over rocks in the skinny creek stuff. Reasonably stable as well (can stand up and fish). Havent tried it out in the bay yet though.

Very compact little yak with a few handy features and plenty of storage. A great option for someone who kayaks every now and then. If I didnt have a boat I would probably look to upgrade to a higher end peddle kayak, but I don't feel the need for the sort of fishing I do in it. It is perfect for what I use it for.

The only down side is its speed compared to higher end kayaks.

For the price though it's a no brainer for me and if my kayak were to disappear tomorrow, I would go out and buy another Dream Catcher 2

Archived