Wet Behind The Ears

Little Grey Men

With the apparent crazy weather this weekend, which wasn't that crazy after all, I decided to play it safe and slip on the wet boots and trudge the slippery banks of Lake Samsonvale.

The dark grey conditions allowed me to work the edge bite all morning and most fish were taken in very close to shore on trusty old beetle spins. I did tie on a lipless crank for something different but it got very little love with only one bass , so back to the light stuff.

It rained for a good part of the morning and after it stopped it decided to rain a bit more, after that lot stopped it decided to start raining again. Note to self, spray jackets are not rain coats, I was soaked through !

19 bass posed for photos before I gave up and squelched back to the car.

PC151233.JPG

PC151237.JPG

PC151245.JPG

PC151246.JPG

PC151252.JPG

PC151262.JPG

2 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

Where do you buy the beetle-spins? I dont have one and they look great. Sorry you got wet... you do look pretty miserable 🙂

Most tackle stores sell them mate. Awesome piece of kit for the Bass, very versatile, and that's coming form a FlyFinatic

5 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

Thanks mate.

Are they any good in the Salt? 

1 hour ago, Drop Bear said:

Ok I will try and post a pic of a trev with one hanging out of its gob 

The salt wrecks them very quickly. They do tend to pull apart on big fish, big yellas and bass twist them up pretty bad so a trev would demolish them. Although I do have some here that are twice the size of normal ones made with thick strong wire. they thump like crazy in the water.

8 hours ago, Little Grey Men said:

The salt wrecks them very quickly. They do tend to pull apart on big fish, big yellas and bass twist them up pretty bad so a trev would demolish them. Although I do have some here that are twice the size of normal ones made with thick strong wire. they thump like crazy in the water.

Well I bought some today and will give them a flick. Perhaps I wont put them back in the tackle box when they are wet and they were pretty cheap so if they only get one outing its ok. Thanks for the info... I actually hope I can get a Red Dog on one... ok so one lure one fish but #worthit

20 hours ago, Little Grey Men said:

Although I do have some here that are twice the size of normal ones made with thick strong wire. they thump like crazy in the water.

I've got some of those thick ones too, from the Lure Show from memory, don't track very well though form my limited use of them

Archived