Winter Whiting Session In January!!!!

Cobiaaddict

Hey guys

Been a few months since i have posted a report. Been busy with work, xmas and a quick holiday to Agnes Waters where i watched the the wind blown20-25knots for 7 days straight .šŸ˜­

My 9yr old has been some what not so keen on fishing in the SurteesĀ since i brought it about 18 months ago.

Finally he agreed to leave his rugby league ball, cricket ball, runnings shoes and ps4 alone for a few hours and come for a run this moring to chase a few whiting and maybe a flathead if he was lucky .

Now i havent fished for whiting much in my years fishing moreton bay. So i rang a pro fishing mate of mine and he gave me an area of interest east of the mouth of the cabooluture river and we set off armed with some live worms (wow there not cheap)Ā  few 6lb handlines and the young fellas 10lb spin out out fit.

Started our 1st drift in glass out conditions about 7.30am and proceeded to fill the esky with winter whiting around the 22cm to 27cm getting 16 in the 1st drift and thowing any back under 20cm. Als got that flathead he came for but it was just undersize and jumped out of his hand while trying to get a picture.Ā 

Started the 2nd drift and put 8 more in the esky with both of us on the double hook ups!!!!.Ā 

After that and with the Northerly kicking in we made a dash for the ramp and headed home with a good feed of 22 solid winter whiting for the usĀ and the grandparents .

Gotta love a kids smile when they are having a great time.Ā 

Panckro bread crumb whiting for dinner. Yummo

CheersĀ 

Josh <><

20190117_074717.jpg

20190117_181636.jpg

9 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Nice one Josh, great to see they young fella out there with you and looking at his smile, he may back up hopefully. You still got the boat up for sale?

He is keen to go more often now. He wrote a list of fish he wants to catch. So looks like i have a few missions to get him hooked up on some other speciesĀ 

Yep boats still upĀ for sale.Ā 

3 hours ago, ellicat said:

You're not wrong. Gotta allow about $50 for a session, but still beats the hell out of digging them yourself.

I have a yabby pump, that I used when I was healthier, that is now gathering dust if you want it.

Thanks for the offer Ā @ellicat.

Already got a yabby pump..

I dont mind paying for quality bait tho..

Normally i like catching all my bait on my way to the fishing grounds makes the experience so much more.

38 minutes ago, Cobiaaddict said:

I scaled these ones.

Mate of mine told me to chuck them in a bait net/bag and pull them behind the boat and that will scale then nicely.Ā 

Havent tried skinning them before.Ā 

I have heard this a few times too but yet to give it a go. It feels a bit scary that the bag might break.Ā 

I find them really fast to scale anyway.Ā 

I do like to butterfly the fillets though.Ā 

3 hours ago, Cobiaaddict said:

I scaled these ones.

Mate of mine told me to chuck them in a bait net/bag and pull them behind the boat and that will scale then nicely.Ā 

Havent tried skinning them before.Ā 

Scaling bags work well as long as you make sure they are closed properly or you might see your hard earned catch being enjoyed by pelicans on the way back to the ramp. Never happened to meĀ ā˜ŗļø

Archived